14

Jαεhγυη

"The ocean looks so beautiful from up here!" Doyoung stated while he stared out the window. I glanced up at him and noticed the large smile that adorned his face. At that moment, he looked exactly like a little kid.

I guess the line for the ferris wheel was worth the wait after all.

"That's the first time I've seen you smile in a while," I told him. As soon as he turned towards me, his face became flushed and his smile quickly disappeared.

"The view is gorgeous. Of course I'd be smiling right now," he mumbled quietly.

I stared at him for a few seconds, "How come you don't smile when I'm with you anymore?"

He raised an eyebrow at me and scoffed, "Do I have to be smiling when I'm with you?"

"No, but it would be nice if you did," I responded. Doyoung rolled his eyes at this and turned his attention back to the window.

"I'll smile whenever I feel like doing so, so don't tell me what to do," he stated in a bitter voice. I softly sighed and shook my head at his response.

Just when I was beginning to think that we were getting along again, Doyoung suddenly snapped at me and immediately closed himself off. It felt as if whenever I took a step towards him, he took two steps away from me. I really wanted to know why he was like this, but I knew that he would probably leave me if I pushed him any further.

When the ferris wheel ride finally came to an end, the two of us stood up and silently walked out into the boardwalk. While Doyoung was looking around the area, I quickly reached out and grabbed his hand. He looked at me with a surprised expression, but I continued to look forward as if nothing had happened.

"Oh, look! There's an ice cream shop over there," I stated while pointing to one of the stores. When we went inside, we stood in line and looked over the flavors to see what we would get.

"What are you going to get?" I asked Doyoung.

"I'll just get vanilla," he responded.

"Alright. Can you go find a table? I'm going to order our stuff," I told him. He nodded and began to walk away as I turned around towards the cashier.

Dσчσυηg

This really wasn't going the way I was expecting it to go.

No matter how rude I was towards Jaehyun, he still continued to act as if nothing was bothering him. I was beginning to feel frustrated because I seriously wanted this stupid "date" to end already. I don't know what he is planning, but I am sure that he's just leading me on for one reason.

"Here you go," Jaehyun said while holding out an ice cream cone towards me.

"Thanks," I replied. As I began to lift the cone up towards my mouth, I glanced up at him and noticed the large innocent smile plastered on his face. I ignored him and started to eat my ice cream without thinking much about it. After a few seconds, I looked up and realized that he still had that stupid expression on his face.

"Can you stop that?" I snapped at him.

He tilted his head to the side and lowered his ice cream down, "Stop what?"

I was beginning to get very irritated at this point. Every time he did something like this, he acted oblivious to his own actions. It almost felt as if he was messing with me.

I lowered my head and avoided his gaze. I was so pissed to the point where I didn't want to see his face.

After a few silent minutes, the two of us finished our ice creams and headed out into the boardwalk once again. While we were walking around, I felt Jaehyun hold onto my hand and pull me towards one of the games.

"We should play this!" he said while smiling.

I looked at the booth and realized that it was one of those ring tossing games.

"You do know that these are basically impossible to win, right?" I told him.

He continued to smile as he leaned in towards me, "But what if one of us actually do end up winning?"

"That won't happen," I replied in a bored voice.

"Let's try it anyways!"

He went up towards the stand and paid for the two of us.

"You're wasting your money," I told him as he handed me a set of rings.

When I turned towards the booth, I noticed that Jaehyun had already made two rings in. My eyes immediately widened in disbelief.

"Are you going to use yours?" he calmly asked. I shook my head and gave my rings to him. Surprisingly, he made all of them in with ease.

After he finished, he turned towards me and smirked. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, "I didn't think you could actually win."

"Which prize would you like?" he asked me. I turned towards the stand and looked over the items that they had.

"The bunny," I replied while pointing to one of the stuffed animals.

When the person running the booth finally handed Jaehyun his prize, he turned towards me and gave me the bunny.

"It looks just like you," he told me while softly laughing.

"Shut up. No it doesn't," I said while looking away.

|♥︎|

After a while, the sky finally began to turn dark. It was already pretty late in the afternoon, and I was ready to leave.

"It's getting dark," I stated.

Jaehyun looked up at the sky, and the corners of his mouth turned up into a smile, "Perfect."

I glanced at him and raised an eyebrow at his response, "Shouldn't we start heading back?"

He turned towards me and shook his head, "No. We still have one last thing to do."

"And what is that?"

"I want to watch the sunset with you."

§|§
A/N: I hope that y'all enjoyed this cute(?) little chapter 😊