Chapter 12 - Rumors

A couple of days had past since Harry's visit, it being friday now. After Velvet helped him get back on sunday, it seemed as if a rumor was going around about the two. Momo didn't really know what it was about, but knew he had to stomp them out. Velvet seemed to be bullied more as a result of this. Momo didn't really know how exactly get rid of this rumor, and it kept him worrying a lot. After a while of thinking about this, Momo decided he should actually get ready for school, since his team had left to eat breakfast earlier. 

After Momo did get ready, he went to the cafeteria to eat. He knew he was going to be one of the last people there, and possibly late to class. It really bothered Momo how this rumor made things worse for Velvet. Momo grabbed some food, sitting down where his team would've. They seemed to have finished before he got there. Momo ate a bit slow, still wondering how he should deal with this. Eventually, Momo noticed someone sitting beside him. He looked over, angry to see this person. It was Ozpin, with a cup of coffee. As soon as he sat down, Momo asked him, "What are you doing here?"

Ozpin took a sip of his drink, afterwards replying, "I came to have a discussion with you." At this point, Momo took out his flask, and had a swig. He knew he shouldn't have, but he wasn't really wanting to deal with Ozpin's bullshit right now. After Momo finished his swig, and putting it away, Ozpin told him, "I feel that you should know something about Blanc, since she knows something about you." Momo replied, "Oh? Why don't you tell me something." Momo knew that Ozpin wanted to be back in his good graces. Momo didn't really like how Ozpin would tell him a secret to try and get on his good side. Momo was going to listen, but his opinion of Ozpin was even lower than before. Ozpin proceeded to tell Momo, "Blanc isn't here of her free will. She was forced." Momo was a bit surprised to hear this, but decided to not prod Blanc about this.

Ozpin left after he told Momo, and Momo took his time eating his breakfast. The bell for first class rung, as he continued to eat. As he was finishing up, he noticed Glynda entered the cafeteria. He waved at her, and she seemed a bit confused to see him. She walked over to Momo, seemingly calm. When she made it to him, she asked, "Why aren't you in class Momo?" Momo replied, "I ate a lot, and am still hungry. Wanna eat with me?" Glynda sighed, then answered his question, "I don't see why not. Just know, you will face repercussions for skipping class." Momo grabbed another tray, and started to eat with Glynda. The two said nothing to each other during this, until they finished.

 Glynda told Momo, "We should get going to class. I don't think you want to miss my class, do you?" Momo didn't really enjoy combat class, as it seemed a bit slow. He did like watching Glynda be enthusiastic about the class though, as she usually is strict otherwise. After weeks of practicing with her, he noticed her different moods, and they are pretty similar. "I enjoy watching you during class. It's nice." Glynda stood up to go throw put her tray away, as did Momo. Momo noticed Glynda was walking a bit faster than normal, for some odd reason. Afterwards, they went to the combat class. 

The two arrived before the bell rung, so they had a small practice session. Momo decided to ask Glynda a question, being, "Do you use your aura for your semblance?" Glynda responded, "Yes, why do you ask?" Momo was a bit curious of something, so he told her his idea. "So, you remember how I can absorb aura? Does that mean I could negate your semblance by absorbing the aura?" Glynda thought for a moment, then replied "Theoretically you should be able to. Do you want to try?" Momo nodded, then went a bit away. Glynda used her semblance to lift Momo in the air, and he started to attempt to absorb the aura in the semblance. After a moment, Momo started to feel himself absorbing the aura. After about a minute, Glynda put him back on the ground. After she did, she told Momo, "I feel that it worked, didn't it?" Momo replied, "Yeah, it did. Did it affect you?" She nodded, and was about to explain, when the bell rung. She held her tongue, instead telling Momo, "I'll tell you after school."