Chapter 5 Missing

*Jace pov*

I fell to my knees and I just could not believe it. I am so stupid how could I let Clary get kidnapped? Alec and Mayrse and Isabelle showed up eventually. Isabelle spoke first "Where's Clary ?" I had told her what happened and she was as white as a sheet when I finished with my story.

They had called Luke and he immediately came. "Hey what did you need? Jace where is Clary?" Luke said."Sebastian took her and I couldn't do a thing about it. I am so stupid!"I yelled. "Jace you couldn't have done anything don't beat yourself up over it." Luke said obviously crushed about me telling him Clary was gone.

"I feel like I failed you."I said. Luke said " No you did not you tried everything you possibly could to keep her safe." I should have tried harder I thought to myself.

Jocylen burst in and said " Why didn't you save my baby?!" I almost burst into tears right there. "I tried to but he told me if I did anything or moved he would hurt her!" I yelled and then burst into tears.

Okay usually I am Mr.Macho tough guy but I just fell apart over Clary being gone and thinking it was my fault. Luke came in and put his arm on me and told Jocylen "He wanted to save her but Sebastian had a knife at her throat." I felt even worse about it. What could I do about it? Nothing because she was gone.

     "Jace isn't eating again." Mayrse said to Robert. "We'll get her back we always do." Robert replied. "Yes but I am not as sure this time." Mayrse said.