Chap 3

"Here it's. It's now or never." He said. He starts to straighten his tie. He takes my hand and hold it, as if we've know each other for years. "Why are you holding my hand? Let the fuck-

He lets go before I get to finish my sentence."I'll wait for the lift and going up, to level 3. Can you wait for me at the lobby?" I nod. "Okay. I've to go."

"Goodluck." He mouthed 'Thank you' and makes his way into the lift. "He's cute." I said to myself. I sit on the sofa and I can't even sit comfortably. The staff here, that's walking by, keep looking at me, up and down.

At least I'm wearing a long dress today.

"Miss, who's are you waiting for??" I startled and there's a woman, wearing blazer and her hair tie up, in the most nearest way. "Urm, waiting for a friend?"

"Mind if you tell me your friend name?" I looked around, if Max is around here and send this random woman to talk to me. "Maxen Maxwell." I said.

"Oh, he's your friend?" What the fuck is wrong with this woman? She seems way too older to be Max's friend. "Yea.
And who are you?"

"I'm just, urm, I used to work at his mum's company.  My name is Rianna. Their family one of the most well known in business world. I'm sure he knows you so well... So, why is he here?"

"He's having a job interview." I said, and not knowing whether I can be nice later. She's nosy as hell. "I see... Can you pass this to him?"

I take the small box from her and put it in my bag. "Okay, I'll give it to him."
She smiles again. "I need to go. Don't forget to give it to him!"

It's been half and hour. He's still not back yet from his interview. I decide to go to the washroom and take a look  at the small box. "A fucking bundle of cash? Probably this is from his mum."

I step out of the bathroom and find a way back to the lobby. "Roxy!" He said, half screaming and waves at me. I walk fast and "How was it?" He gives me a thumb up. "They're going to email it to me later. It was good, but not so great."

"But I'm sure it went well. You look happy and, that face says 'I will get the job later'." I said. "Let's wait for the bus." This guy, probably he never take a bus. "Gosh, it's so crowded."

"Come on, let's not watse your money on taxi."

We both take a seat, the furthest back. Next to me, is a granny and she seems friendly as she offer a little smile when I finally sitting down. "You never went on the bus, huh?"

"No. It's just not that convenient to me." He told me and I swear I want to laugh when I look at his face. "Chill. It's only 15 minutes to get back to the apartment..."

"Okay. I think I'm going to get used to it..."

As we reach the apartment, he didn't say anything. He was all chatty in the bus, but now, he becomes quiet? "Are you okay?"

"Yea, good." I press the number '7' button and "Wait, before that." He holds the lift, while pressing the 'open' button. "This. Someone gave it to me."

"Oh okay, thanks. By the way, thank you for today." He said. There he's smiling again with that killer smile. Gosh, stop being cute idiot. "Oh, it's nothing. I know you just need a little moral support."

"Not just a little. It means a lot to me."

"Anyway, if you've got the job, do tell me." He nods and close the lift. "I never thought I'd get along with him..."