Untitled Part 4

Magnus' last client had left over an hour ago, and since then the warlock had been impatiently waiting for his boyfriend's return. Alec had messaged him earlier saying that he would be a little later than usual, but the waiting was torture. There was something that was going off inside Magnus that needed to see Alexander that instant to make sure that everything was okay.

When Alec did arrive, Magnus could sense his presence just outside the door, but instead of walking in as he normally did, he seemed to be standing there anxiously. Magnus moved forward to open the door for him, crinkling his nose as he wondered why Alec wasn't just coming in. The wards had long since been adjusted to accept this specific shadowhunter, and the gorgeous man had an open invitation into the loft. That was a fact that Alec had seemed to understand. He always just walked in, moving straight to where Magnus was.

Before Magnus got to the door to open it, Alec had overcome whatever had been keeping him from entering. He swept inside with an air of purpose and planted a chaste but intense kiss on the other's lips. The older man smiled into the kiss, put at ease by the natural routine. This was how Alec always greeted Magnus, and it had quickly become his favorite and most anticipated moment of the day. Pushing away the concern of why he would have been pacing outside, the caring kiss was reassuring.

Then Magnus stepped back to appraise the shadowhunter. His dark eyes roamed lustfully over the firm, muscled body before him, but cocked his head slightly to the side in puzzlement at what his saw. He distinctly remembered his boyfriend leaving the loft this morning in the usual worn attire; not in these extremely tight black pants and a dark shirt with midnight purple swirls at the sides that clung to his abs and chest, and displayed quite nicely the shape of his biceps.

"Trying a new look?" Though the change of attire sent off warning bells, Magnus smiled in appreciation at the man's beauty. He knew how insecure Alec could get about his body, and he didn't want him to doubt himself. "Any special occasion?"

A dark blush spread across Alec's cheeks and the bridge of his nose. Magnus always thought it was adorable when Alec got shy around him. It usually meant stammering would ensue. "Um, well, I, uh, I thought we could go to a club. Jace says there's a downworld rave tonight."

The warlock's eyes were wide with surprise. Apprehensive, but trying to hide it, he casually clarified, "A rave? I didn't really think that was your type of scenery?"

Alec shrugged, doing his best to not appear sheepish. Hazel eyes were cast off to the side. "It's your type of scene. And I want you to be happy."

Magnus smiled again, raising a jeweled finger to gently stroke Alec's cheek. "I am happy. With you."

Usually when Magnus took the initiative to caress the shadowhunter, the young man would blush and duck his head and all would be right with them once more. This time none of those things happened. Instead, Alec seemed to take the simple touch and words as a challenge. He straightened himself, looked straight into his boyfriend's eyes, and stated, "I want to go to this rave with you. It'll be fun."

In the end, the warlock agreed. Against his better judgement, he portaled them just outside the club and they walked inside with their arms interlocked. The others were at the bar. Jace and Clary were speaking to one another, their heads close together over their glasses. Simon and Maia stood near the counter, close enough to be a part of the group, but having enough space to dance comfortably. Isabelle was sipping her glass slowly, her eyes roaming hungrily over the crowd and posturing his slender body in a casual but seductive pose.

For the first couple of minutes Magnus and Alec stayed with the group at the bar counter. They talked and drank and everything was fine.

Being where they were was all at once comfortable - having their friends with them - and fun. The music was loud and had a good beat to it. The alcohol was a good mix of strong and sweet. People around them were enjoying themselves and it was contagious.