The next day

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring and a few moments later, the phone ringing. It was early, too early for my parents to want to call. I got out of the bed, my long red hair a mess, and went to the phone. 

"Hello," I said into the phone my voice groggy 

"Have you seen the magazine or news paper yet?" said Lila.

"How are you soo awake?" I asked as I went to my front door and looked at the news paper. Kennedy Bangs into Mystery girl? Who is she? Shit,  I thought remembering it. 

"You banged into a kennedy.." 

"Yea, when I was late for work. Which by the way, I should start dressing for. I got to go." I replied before hanging up. I put the newspaper down and forgot about my banging into the Kennedy boy. 

Today, I put on a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and black chanel loafers. I put my hair into a pony and looked at the clock, 30 mins earlier than I would usually go but I was leaving. I was leisurely walking from my small apartment to the offices of Vogue, minding my own business, when I heard an 'Oi' trying to get my attention. I looked and saw that it was the guy I banged into yesterday, sitting on a bench and holding a coffee. 

"Hi." I said simply trying to decide  whether I really wanted to deal with it. I sat next to the man and tried to figure out what to say. "I am sorry for banging into you yesterday, I was having an rough morning." 

I smiled at him and asked "Why is it news that I banged into a 'Kennedy?'" 

He paused and looked shocked.. 

"What?" 

"The news paper this morning along with a friend of mine both got excited over you.. why?" 

I believe he realized that I did not actually know who he was. I was not faking it or anything. I geniuely don't know.  We talked for a few moments longer and we were going to hang out soon. But he did not tell me his name.

At work, I had various people who barely knew me and come up to talk about him but I did not talk. I don't know him.. and frankly I did not want to dealt with people.

I sat in a meeting discussing fashion icons. Madonna was often discussed but not for the older generation. No, they picked Babe Paley, Jacqueline Kennedy, and Lee Radiziwill. The divide was of generation gap.

"What if we do both-" I started but a girl next to me immediently interrupted and said "We should do some"

"I was talking" I said eerily calmly, "We should do Madonna but with nods to The Swan's of Truman Capote we should ask for pieces that are sentimental and the families would want us to wear." 

In order to find out how to incorporate the past and present of fashion Icon, I took old pictures and new figured out a way- a line that connected the pictures- that would later be  used.  I then went with my friend, Clara, to take pictures of places that could be used in the background. We were walking all around the city. Most of the places turned out to be around the Upper East Side. 

It was only when Clara spotted she saw John JR riding his bike, that she took a snap which caused me to spot him.  I did not say anything.

"Hey," I heard his voice before I even saw anything. 

"Hey," It was awkward. 

"So, what's going on?" 

"oh, Fashion Internship for a magazine. We are out taking picture of places and envisioning a photoshoot that may not happen. What is going on with you?" The vague headline about him failing his bar exam flashed in my head.