The Power

Leo blinked. Then blinked again. His head felt dizzy, and his legs started to buckle beneath him.
"Leo?! Oh gods, are you ok? Did I scare you? I'm sorry!"
Leo steadied himself, clinging to the side of the ship. Too much had happened this week. First, Percabeth came back from Tartarus, then he gets a sister, and now she has fire powers. Like him. Honestly, he couldn't tell what to think when Lyra showed him her flames.
"Um, Leo?"
"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I just...Lyra, how long have you been able to do that?"
Lyra ducked down her head, cheeks reddening. "As long as I can remember,I guess." She cleared her throat. "Why? Did you get your powers recently or something?" Leo wasn't sure if he wanted to respond or not. He still couldn't get over their striking resemblence, much less their matching powers. Leo kinda wanted to ask her questions, though she wasn't finished with hers. "Do you have another parent? Or is it just your-our- dad?"
"Nah. Mom's... busy. How about you, Lyra? Do you have a family?" Leo immediatly knew he had said the wrong thing. Lyra's gaze darkened, her smile fading.
"No," she said, venom leaking in her voice, " my mother's not around."
"Oh."
   Lyra forced a smile back on her face. Sheturned toward Leo with a too-happy smile. " I'm just gonna... go to sickbay. My head kinda hurts."
Leo knew it was a lie, but he didn't stop her as she walked downstairs, into the deeper part of the ship.

***Lyra***

    Lyra bit her lip. She couldn't believe she had let her emotion get the best of her. She was supposed to be a clown, not a crybaby. If Leo knew what really happened to her... she didn't think she could take it. She remebered every cruel word, so long ago, 15 years ago. She remembered the lady in the black robes, the cold wind smacking her face, and the nice ladies who weren't so nice.
      Stop, she told herself, we are not getting anywhere moping around and dwelling on the past. Keep moving, that's her motto. Just keep moving, and nothing will hurt you. Nobody can chase you. And you definately don't have to hurt others. Always running. Always moving. Always back where she started, only to keep running. A circular track, a race that never ends... well, maybe the race was finally over. Maybe... just maybe... she won.