zero

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING - NOT NARUTO NOR MY HERO ACADEMIA - I JUST OWN THIS STORY, MY CHARACTERS, AND MY IDEAS!

× × × × ×

THIRD POV
TSUKI HARUNO COULD remember it clearly. She was on a mission in the Land of Waves, protecting Tazuna against Gatou. She remembered training in the forest and claiming a friendship with both Naruto and Sasuke. She remembered it all. Even in the end where she stepped in front of Sasuke and took the blunt end of the attack. She allowed the Haku's needles to pierce her already weak body.

She accepted her role; to die.

The girl always knew that she never fit in to their team. Tsuki was the odd man out, the outcast, the unfortunate extra. What was she going to accomplish? Naruto and Sasuke were clearly going to overshadow the team with their skills and her sister, Sakura, would find a way to shine with them. But her, she would always be a broken tool to them.

She had baggage deeper than anyone. She was never liked by anyone outside her room, not even her parents - she noticed their looks. She claimed the new friendships with her teammates, but she secretly knew that she wasn't needed. She was never needed.

So when the time came to fight and to protect their client, she fought like she was supposed to. Even with her lacking eyesight. She didn't complain. However, when she was in that ice mirror techique of Haku's, she found her moment.

A fleeting purpose.

An act of self sacrifice for something greater.

So, with a weakened body and barely any chakra left, she without a  doubt stepped in front of Sasuke and took the attack for herself. Tsuki allowed those needles to pierce her already needle clad body without hesitance. She knew Sasuke had bigger things in life, but what did she have?

A home with no loving family?

A life filled with studies and solitude?

A heart full of sadness and self loathing?

She had no happiness, nor a purpose. Of course she was a Kunoichi sworn to protect her village, but was that it? A life solely living to be a tool? No, even if she were a tool, she was already chipped and broken.

She was already useless.

But for that small moment, that one act, she felt useful. She greeted death like a friend, a friend she's been conspiring with since a young age due to her dark inflicted thoughts. So, with self sacrifice, she allowed herself the act to protect her teammate and died with a purpose.

She didn't regret it.

She welcomed it.

But somehow, it didn't welcome her.

Instead of the warm, greeting of light, she met the cold chilling of  darkness. She felt the icy waters beneath her feet, they rose to the bottoms of her shins giving her the disturbing sense of Hell. Pure darkness, freezing temperatures, and eerie whispers filled her senses making her wary. She was chilled to the core.

In the overhead distance was a full light shining on the water like a lamp. Following it, she wallowed through the water despite the temperature growing colder with each step.

Eventually, with a deep yearning for a hot drink, and feeling like her limbs will fall off like frozen ice, Tsuki made it to light. Though, instead of finding an answer, she met more mystery.

A world full of wonder.

A world of new chances.

Everything made sense as she gazed upon the woman clad in white.

The puzzle pieces flitted together as she stared into a pair of completely black eyes.

"Hello, Tsuki, it's nice to meet you," the pale goddess stated with a knowing smile.