Unrequited Love Hurts

As always: rights go to J.K. Rowling

Chapter Fifteen - Unrequited Love Hurts

Unknown P.O.V

Her boots punctured loud and clear as she walked along and she enjoyed watching others back away in fear. She loved to inflict pain and fear upon others in fact she relished in it. She would use anything she could lay her hands on to rise to the top. They said that purity mattered little anymore but she knew differently. She wanted the big wedding with everything expensive. She wanted all the guest to bask in her glory and her moment of social popularity. Her marriage would bring a horde of opportunities forward and once she'd secured a high profile marriage; society wouldn't be able to get rid of her. One step at a time though, for she was too young to be married right away but that didn't mean she couldn't start planning.

Right now she wanted but one thing, she wanted popularity and the control over the two men she sought for. Then she wanted to crush the third person in her sights and make their life a living hell. She wanted to control Draco and Blaise and she wanted to discredit Hermione. Only then could she be as powerful as she wanted.

Who did Hermione think she was? She would never be good enough for Draco Malfoy! She couldn't even argue that blood purity meant anything for Hermione was as pure in blood as she was. However, that meant little now. Hermione was a nuisance and needed to be taken care of...

She would do what any good bitchly little mix would do and hatched a plan. It was a plan that would remove Hermione from the centre of everything that was keeping her from reaching her plans. The easiest way to do that was to discredit Hermione of course. She didn't need complex plans like Ginny or petty words like Ron. She needed a rumour plain and simple. What would be a successful rumour thought? Hermione was so unlike anyone she'd ever met. She would be hard placed to find a rumour sufficient enough. For a girl like Hermione who was so well known for being a pure innocent child with all her naivety still intact, the only way to discredit her would be to start a rumour that would show Hermione up to not be as innocent as she seemed.

The perfect way of course would be to start a rumour that linked Hermione to an older man, surely that would destroy her oh so perfect image. Yet, at first no one would believe the rumour which was the beauty of it. The rumour was so farfetched that it might actually be truthful. The rumour mill was easy to power up and run, especially as it was a school rumour mill. She started with the first and second years and then watched how it spread through the years until it made a circuit around the returning seventh years. It had worked much quicker than she imagined it would. This was rich, so rich and all she needed to do was sit back and watch as the rumour took hold. She certainly didn't need to bother with Hermione now that things had been set in motion. All she had to do was watch as the witch was ruined.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

"Have you heard?" asked Pansy.

Blaise nodded absentmindedly, he'd heard and he knew it was complete folly. If one was to start another rumour about someone, the least they could do was create a realistic one but perhaps that was the point of this particular rumour. It was targeted in a way that would only appeal true to certain people, certain people who were already doubtful about their own feelings – vulnerable and confused feelings. When he spoke of people he really meant just one person who was known for acting before thinking. The man, the legend, the hot god: Draco Malfoy.

The man, the legend and the hot god was currently storming down countless Hogwarts corridors to find the object of his anger. He wanted to roast her alive, he wanted to strangle her, he wanted to hurt her and by god he was so angry with her.