06:59

PANDORA sat quietly on the stiff couch, listening to her parents short sniffles of pain. What was the reason of their melancholy? One of the child's only questions that went unanswered. 

"Pandora... sweetie?" One of her parents finally spoke, causing the ten years old's small head to bounce up, "Your sister.."

Pandora tilted her head only slightly as her mother struggled to finish to sentence. Her sister had just came back home from her date with her boyfriend, she was the farthest thing from gone. 

"But.. mom, Noel just came back." 

Almost as if the cry was clogging her throat, her mother only sat down and weeped more, her eyes protruding with swelling and contrasting the color of blood. Her husband, who had been her shoulder to cry on, didn't look too far off from her appearance either, his hair slightly tousled from the amount of times it had been pulled on.

" She had everything in the world?"

She still does..

"I don't know... I.. just don't know..."

Becoming bored with her parents bitter atmosphere, Pandora hopped off of the stiff couch, skipping happily towards her sisters room. Without knocking, she opened the badly painted door, walking into the room with rushed steps. 

"Noey! Momma and Papa are being weird." 

A long, feminine groan sounded from beneath her sisters covers. A smile sat on Pandora's face as her sister arose from underneath her cave, "Pandora, they're always weird."

But this time, Pandora didn't answer, instead she took notice of the simple visuals of her sister. Her dyed, jet black hair that was tucked underneath a red beanie, her slightly chapped lips, her chipped nail polish that became obvious every time Noel would bite at her nails, and so much more.

"Well, are you just gonna sit there and stare or are you gonna come in here too?"

Without thinking twice, Pandora quickly slipped under the dark sheets.