Chapter III

I told X to wait for me in my tent while I went to call Alex and Syrena to discuss the situation.

It turns out, while we had our trip to Saturn, time had stopped on Earth. So when we arrived back it was still early in the morning. And yeah, it still is.

I walked to the direction of Syrena's tent. She's been here awhile and I've been to her tent numerous times, but I still have that nervous feeling whenever I'm near her.

We met a long time ago when it was just Alex and I that provided for the camp. We were on one of our infamous raids on a Followers' house when she came along. She came out of nowhere while we were busy with the house occupant and she screamed his head off. He had superhuman senses and reflexes, but I guess he wasn't ready for that. When I first laid eyes on her, it was love at second sight. Well... Because at first sight she wanted to kill both me and Alex. But after we calmed things down, we had a chance to get to know each other. Apparently, she was doing the same thing we were doing, but she was fending for herself. She was alone. So yeah, we took her to our camp and I've developed feelings for her ever since. I know it's stupid, feeling like this in these kind of times, but I just can't help myself. She was the most beautiful thing I've seen since the day I saw food for the first time. Okay, I'm thinking too much. Continuing on with walking to her tent.

As I reach the front of her tent, I noticed her lamplight was turned on. 'She's awake' I thought. Don't have to worry about waking her up then. I opened the tent, stepped in, closed the tent... And turned to face Syrena coming out of her mini Bath tub. Naked. With no clothes on. I... Just... Ah Shit.

"Max!!" She shouted, shocked and picking up her towel to cover herself. Which didn't help much to be honest. "What are you doing here?" She asked. Goddamn her body looked so... Ah Fuck concentrate Max. Concentrate.

"I... Uh. I wanted to- Erm... There's someone..." And this my friends, is my literature at best.

"Hold that thought. I need to get dressed first. Cover your eyes and don't peek." She said smiling. Yep. I literally just melted. I ignited flames in my eyes that shielded my vision, so all I could see was orange, red and yellow flames dancing around.

•••

"So yeah, why are you awake at this time of day?" She asked after a few minutes.

"Oh yeah, um there's this guy in my tent I want you to--" CRASH.

I was gonna walk over to her but I realized that I was still blindfolded with fire. I crashed into something and fell to the floor.

"Ow" Was all I could say. Smooth move Max. Smooth move.

Syrena laughed. "You can look now" she said.

I made the flames die down, and I could see that she had changed into her usual tank top, and she wore minishorts, and her dark jacket hugged her arms really tightly...

Oh, for fucks sake. I was a mess in front of this girl.

"So," she asked. "What happened? What's so important that you had to visit me in the middle of the night?"

A brown streak interrupted my vision and in an eye blink, there stood Alex, smiling in his usual attire.

"Where were you?" I asked.

"In the Mini-Forest," he said. "checking out that AWESOME crater that thing made."

"What are you talking about?" Syrena asked, frowning.

"Yeah," I said. "That's what I was going to-"

I was interrupted AGAIN by X flashing into the tent in a short burst of energy. I heard shouts behind him, and a bolt of energy from a rifle sizzled past him and through the wall of the tent. He wasn't teleporting; X was literally opening a rift in space.