1 - Take It, Take It All, And While You're At It Take Me

"Who's excited for Reese's party?!" I ask my friends as we get out of the car and head towards the diner that we have all come to love. Every time we go to 'Louie's Diner' I always get their special which is the so called 'Big Patty'.

Basically it is a burger that has 4 patties, sliced purple onions, melted mozzarella cheese on each patty, one single leaf of lettuce, their secret sauce that coats the patties, and their toasted buns. They also have your own choice of unlimited fries or onion rings on the side. Man, thinking about it makes me hungry!

"Eh, it's like any normal party. They got the music, the booze, the girls, and the sweaty bodies grinding on each other. Same old. But we'll go for the booze." Caleb shrugs with a smirk as he holds Lina's hand.

"You better not be staring at other girls or I'll break up with you." Lina teases knowing that Caleb was loyal and could never do such a thing.

"Never will I break your heart." Caleb says giving Lina a kiss on her forehead which in turn made Lina giggle.

Since you don't know, those two are my bestest of friends, they've liked each other since middle school, Caleb finally got the balls to ask her out Sophomore year. And since then they have been happy couples, so like about three and a half years now.

"As much as I love you two I would like to head to the diner quicker so I can get me some Big Patty." I say licking my lips thinking about the delicious meat I'm about to dive into.

"I agree." Rayna says agreeing as we both leave them and speed walk into the diner.

I enter and head to the line not patient enough to wait for the waitress or waiter to come serve us at a booth.

"There are my favorite customers!" Joey says with his big ol' smile. Joey was a 50 year old man with a wife and five kids, all of the five have already grown up some with families while others are here helping with the family business.

"The usual?" Joey asks as he leans over the counter.

I look at Rayna with a matching grin as we both say in unison, "The usual."

Joey shakes his head and lets out a chuckle turning around to the kitchen window to tell the order, "I should've known. Duke! Two orders of Big Patty with fries on the side!"

"Amma gonna guess who these two Big Patty's belong to, is it Rayna and Astrid?" Duke says before popping his head out to the window.

Once he sees us I look at him and say, "Howdy Duke!" Tilting my invisible cowboy hat.

"Howdy Astrid! Howdy Rayna!" He says with a wink before disappearing off into the kitchen to make our meals.

I bring out a $20 bill to pay for the meal knowing that Joey isn't going to accept it but hey who knows what if he has a change of heart?

"Astrid..." Joey says giving me a pointed look.

"Joey..." I say giving him the same pointed look.

"You know you guys don't have to. You guys are my favorite customers so it's always on the house." Joey explains but I shake my head, "Nope. It's not fair, and so if you won't accept it I'll give you it as a tip." I say placing the money in the tip jar.

Joey reaches into the tip jar to give it back but I give him puppy dog eyes to tell him to just leave it. No one can handle my puppy dog eyes so as I expected he dropped the money in the jar with a roll of the eyes and I walked away into the booth where Lina and Caleb were at.

"Did you guys get served already?" I ask as I sit on the opposite side of Lina.

Lina nods as she rests her head on Caleb's shoulder.