3 - What A Wonderful Day

"Tada!" I say stretching out my body as I finished making two chapters of how I wished mines and Jace's love story went.

Unfortunately it was all just a story, a story I wish would become true.

"Astrid you are by far the weirdest person on this planet for writing fantasies of you and Jace." Lilly chuckles as she eats nutella on my bed.

"Oh shut it will ya? Lucky you because you are dating the guy you've liked since middle school. We're in college and you both are still dating, it's love. But for me though I have only had 2 boyfriends and both of them sucked ass. They don't know how to love a woman." I say as I slouch in my chair.

"One day the right guy will come into your life so don't you worry." Lilly says with a smile.

"Easy for you to say." I mutter under my breath with a huff.

*Knock* *Knock*

"That's probably Caleb." Lilly says as she gets up and walks out my room.

I was renting out a dorm and lucky for us the dorms were like hotel rooms so it was pretty nice.

We walk into the kitchen and Lilly turns the door handle and opens the door.

"Hey ba- oh you're not Caleb." I hear Lilly say so I walk towards the door curious to see who it is and before I did I heard the person talk, call me creepy and weird because after all those years I still remember his voice.

"Oh hey Lilly what's up!?" Jace says making me want to just rush up and say hi, "Are you my roommate?"

"Oh hey... Jace... ummm no. I was only here because I was hanging out with Astrid." Lilly turns to look at me and I hide behind the counter.

Oh heck no! After all these years he's back and I'm not mentally or physically prepared for this.

"Come on in I'll go and get Astrid." Lilly says opening the door and before Jace walks in I rush into my room.

"Astrid! Holy crap!" Lilly whisper yells as she closes my room door.

"Jace is back! Get up and go over there! It's been so long!" She pulls at my body but I refused to move because I was scared. A couple of days before he left I told him I liked him but we never talked after that.

"No! I'm embarrassed!" The pillow muffles my response but I knew Lilly understood it.

She just knows everything.

"Come on! You have to talk to him! You're gonna be seeing him a lot, let me clarify, every freaking day!" I get dragged by the legs off the bed and land with a thump.

"Ouch! What the hell is wrong with you?!" I whisper yell afraid Jace would hear.

I recover from the pain and prop myself up on my elbows.

"How exactly do you want me to go through this? Oh hi Jace welcome back heh remember when I told you I liked you? Yeah I still do. Or maybe hi what's up I'm gonna be in my room crying so if you need me I'll be there hah. Heck to the no no no." I exclaim standing up.

"Oh my goodness you drama queen let's go!" I get dragged out by Lilly into the living room where Jace comfortably sits on his phone seemingly very adjusted already.

He looks up from his phone and we make eye contact, I look down at my feet.

"Astrid! Hey!" He says getting up.

Please don't come near me or I might just bolt out the door. Please. Please.

"It's been so long. How are you guys?" Jace asks Lilly and I while standing 2 feet away from me.