1

Today was the day that my family and I were to move into our new home. I'm excited for this move, as much as I liked living in New York, I can feel something great is going to happen in our new home. Delia, my step-mother, was currently shouting at the moving men about how to handle her 'unique' sculptures. They were really a sight to see, not really my taste, but to her they were masterpieces and no one can really fault her of that.

My younger sister Lydia is sat on one of the sofa chairs, which the moving men were currently about to move. I guess she's getting a free ride. My dad came up to me and gave my shoulders a tight squeeze before smiling and walking inside. I smiled as I watched my father retreat into the house. I looked up to where the attic would be and to my surprise I saw two people looking out.

I squinted my eyes to get a closer look, but I got distracted by my dad shouting at Otho for entering the house through the window instead of the door. Poor dad. He can't seem to get a break. I looked back to the window, but now they weren't there but the blinds were moving. Someone surely moved them or something at least.

I shrugged my shoulders and took this as my queue to go inside the house myself. I made my way inside the house and saw my little sister taking pictures around the house.

"Hey Ly how are you liking our new home?"

She turned to look at me.

"It's okay. I suppose. I can see myself living here."

I nodded.

"I agree. It does hold the sense of something mysterious here."

I heard some shuffling from upstairs but shrugged the hidden feeling that bugged inside me.

It didn't feel long until we were all sat around the table eating Cantonese.

Off course Delia didn't approve and Lydia did one of her famous come backs but I decided to tune it all out and just ate my food in blissful peace. After I was full, I gave my sister a peck on the forehead and wished my family a goodnight before leaving the table and getting ready for bed.

However, it still bugged me from earlier about the two people in the attic.

After getting ready for bed, I made my way towards the attic. Slowly, I climbed up the stairs to the door that at the time I didn't know would change my life. As quietly as I could, I turned the door handle. For some reason I expected the door to be locked, but it was open. I opened the door to see a couple stood around a table that held a model of the town.

"Whoa. Who are you?" I asked without thinking.

The couple looked up surprised to see me. They became alarmed and didn't move. Only staring at me as if they've seen a ghost.

"Oh where are my manners? Hi my name is Thea Deetz. " I didn't dare move in case I cause any concern of disrespect.
The woman placed a hand on the man's shoulder and he sighed while looking down.

"You can see us?" The man asked.

I nodded. "Yes. Shouldn't I?"

"I'm not quite sure. Also how did you get in? I made sure the door was locked."

"I don't know. I t was unlocked when I tried to open it."

"Well no harm done I guess. Hello. My name is Adam Maitland and this is my wife Barbara."

"Hi" She mumbled.

I smiled and gained two in return.

I yawned and realised that it must be late.

"I must get going. The living still need to sleep unfortunately."

"Off course. Pleasant dreams Thea."

"Thanks. Who knows maybe this is a dream and I'm already asleep." I chuckled to myself.

Soon enough I found myself in my bed and fast asleep. What an eventful first day.