Damien Does a Sick

At 6 AM in the early morning, just like always, Selene stretched off the night's sleep for her morning routine. Damien usually slept an hour more because of Selene's showers, so he snoozed quietly as his girlfriend snuck out.

An hour later, Selene walked out of the adjoining bathroom and sat on the bed to dry her hair. However, once she sat she was surprised to see that Damien continued to sleep as his alarm rang loudly on his nightstand.

"I shouldn't bother him," she thought while turning the cacophonous object off. "He needs the sleep." She pulled his blanket closer to his head, kissed his shoulder, and threw on a pair of black skinny jeans, a dark red blouse, and a black cardigan. After creeping down the hall and stairs to the dining room, she was greeted with several "good mornings" and "hellos".

"Hiya, Selene!" Exclaimed Wesli, jumping up to her before she could even fully get down the stairs. After smiling warmly and playfully pushing her off, she noticed that the pink-haired drop of psycho sunshine  was followed by her equally psycho partner, the extra extravagant Wilford.

"Where's Dame at?" He slurred. "I thought he usually came down with you in the early mornings." He took a sip of some new pink-lemonade-looking concoction and winked with a big mustached simper. "Too much fun last night?"

"Well, usually, yes. And no, Will, nothing of the sort," she responded curtly while sitting down and picking up a dark chocolate muffin. "I don't know. He may be a little groggy, that's all, but he was still asleep when I got out of the bath. I'm sure he's fine, though."

Dr. Iplier overheard the conversation and strolled across from the group. "Want me to take a look, just in case? Gen and I don't have any appointments till after lunch."

"That's very thoughtful of you, Edward, but I think Damien just wanted to sleep in today. There's no harm in that, right?" The three shrugged in response. "Well, then I'll go check on him as soon as I finish breakfast, and I'll call you if something is wrong," she said gesturing to the Doctor. "Sound fair?"

"Up to you, pal!" Wesli grinned. "Your judgement trumps ours in this case, ya know."

The three left Selene to finish her muffin as to get their own food, and she began to worry. "Of course he's fine. I'll take him a muffin, and maybe that'll get his spirits up and ready," she thought, grinning to herself. Thankfully, Eric always thought to make a couple of Damien's favorite whenever he baked muffins for breakfast, which were blackberry chocolate chip. Taking the lot and thanking him, she made her way back up to their bedroom.

When she opened the French doors to the room, she was surprised to see that Damien wasn't in bed anymore, and that the bathroom door was closed shut. She set his breakfast on his nightstand and frowned. "...Um, Damien?" She called out. All there was in response sounded like a groan coming from the bathroom.

Quickly she ran to open the door and found her partner on the ground, grasping the rim of the toilet. "They were right.." she thought, remembering breakfast. She knelt beside him, concerned.

"Damien, Love, are you okay?"

"I don't feel—!" Suddenly he lurched over the seat, coughing as he confirmed the worst.

"You're sick, Damy."

"Yes, that sounds right," he sniffled and slurred. "I'm...verrrry sleepy. And thirsty. And throw-uppy. So sick sounds right," he said with a weak but delirious giggle. His usually well-kept midnight hair hung messily over his eyes and was drenched in sweat, and his breath was low and ragged. His eyes were still as bright as ever, even though the dark circles surrounding them were prominent. Through all this, he grinned at Selene sleepily, like he didn't thoroughly realize what was going on.