"First" Date Pt. 1

A/N: Yeah this first parts not great— in fact it's kinda cringe. But they get SO much better, I promise. Enjoy fluffy babes being cute.
_________________

For her normally depressed self, Tumblr was incredibly excited for something, but Selene wasn't sure what. She watched her bounce from vanity to bed to closet and back with so much pep you'd think she was Wesli. Selene finally broke the silence.

"Um, Tumblr.."

"Oh! Hi, Selene!" She looked through the doorway from behind the closet and grinned widely, which was rare. "I'm a bit busy, but do you need something?" She quickly went back to the closet.

"Oh, no I don't. I was just passing through..." She frowned and sauntered inside. "What on earth are you so excited about anyway?"

Her eyes literally lit up at the question, lighting up the clothes in the dark closet. "Bing and I are going out this evening!"

Selene cocked her head in confusion. "But you do that most every night, to get food. How is this different?"

Tumblr stopped in her tracks and turned to face her guest. Curiously, she squinted at her. "...We're going out." No response. "On a date, Sel."

"A 'date'? Like, a calendar date?"

"You're kidding me."

"I beg your pardon?"

Tumblr got very close and sternly put a hand on her shoulder. "You're telling me you don't know what a date is. Even Darkon knew what a date was, Selene, don't tell me that. You've gotta be joking."

Selene laughed. "Oh, okay, I wasn't sure what you meant. I know what a date is."

Tumblr sighed, but continued to glare. "You had me worried. You still do, actually, what do you mean you didn't know what I meant? It's dating."

"I know, Tumblr. It's just.." she paused and bit her lip. "I don't really want to say."

"You've already sparked my curiosity, dummy. What?"

Selene gave a short sigh. "We courted back then, which isn't said anymore, so I got confused. If you said Bing was courting you, well, I would've known."

Tumblr snorted at her terminology. "Oh man, that made my week, thank you so much dude." Selene glared. "I'm sorry," she gasped, still laughing hard. "It's just that word... 'Courting'. Being courted. It doesn't sound as fun as going on a date, that's for sure."

"It's the same thing!"

"No, that's an early 1900s thing. It's an old you thing. Not quite the same as nowadays, dude."

Selene crossed her arms and glared. "What's so different then?"

"Well, for starters, it was way more extra than it really should've been," she explained while walking back to her closet. "I mean, dates now can be super extra, but it was a regular thing for you guys. Today it's super chill. For example, tonight Bing and I are going to a fair, then... Well, whatever happens, happens! Very laidback, my dude."

Selene's look softened, and she raised her eyebrows. "That sounds nice."

"It is, and very aesthetically pleasing. Also, back then it was pretty formal, right? No touching, no cuddling, huh?"

"Well, not exactly with us.."

Tumblr grinned, surprised. "Couple o' rebels of the times! Scandalous."

Selene rolled her eyes and blushed. "Calm down there, we weren't all that handsy. Just a little more than a lot of couples at the time."

That earned a smirk. "Sure, Sel. But anyway, now dates can lead pretty much anywhere," she smirked again and wiggled her eyebrows. "If ya know what I mean."