"First" Date Pt. 2

Selene found Tumblr once again, but this time in different and very form-fitting clothes. She was wearing a medium gray-ish-blue spaghetti-strap crop-top (so many hyphens!) that fitted to her sides, light gray short-shorts that had ruffles on the ends, and a dark pair of sneakers that looked very worn. Her hair was meticulously brushed, like she just came from the factory, and at the moment she was carefully applying jet black eyeliner. It was a pleasant change from her usual sweats attire that hid her dark blue-green stripes that lined her stomach and the sides of her legs.

"My, you clean up nice, Tumblr," Selene said softly once she had finished her eyes. "You look lovely."

She blushed blue in the mirror and turned to face the doorway. "Thanks, Sel. I sure hope Bing thinks so," she muttered dejectedly and twirled her hair around her synthetic white fingers. It was always something android did when she was worried. Selene scoffed at the mere thought and sat on her bed.

"Seriously? You should've seen the look he had when you left, you know. That kid is head over heels for you, dear."

Tumblr blushed her deep, dark turquoise blue and suddenly clapped in pure excitement. "Oh! Sel, I'm guessing you need help picking out what to wear?"

"How'd you know that?"

She winked and did some snappy finger guns at an astonished Selene. "Just a hunch. Did you guys ever even decide where you're going?"

"We decided both, actually." To this, the droid arched an eyebrow in suspicion. "What? It gives us a few choices, that's all."

"Whatever, dude. Problem is, I can find you something cute to wear for the fairgrounds easy, but that restaurant." She began searching through drawer after drawer, throwing out clothes faster than Selene could get a word in. "Who even goes to those kinds of places anymore? Rich and/or old rich people, betcha 50 bucks."

It was Selene's turn for a face of skepticism, and Tumblr took the message quickly.

"Whatever. Do you have any fancy dresses I don't know about?"

Selene gave a sly smile and stood up with graceful vigor. "Thought you'd never ask, kid. Come with me."

In Bing's bedroom on the other end of the hall, Damien was a little reluctant to knock on the door. After all, Bing wasn't quite known around the manor for his fashion sense. But, Damien knew that the "after-work clothes" (a very wrinkled blue t-shirt and worn-out jeans) he was currently wearing wasn't going to cut it, even for a carnival. Even though room was blasting with noise, the droid managed to hear his quiet knocks.

He opened the door with his black tank top still on, but his pants were...absent? Damien grimaced and averted his gaze to the wall behind the robot, nearly laughing. "At least the kid wears boxers," he thought.

"Sah, Dames! I bet you're needin' help with clothes?"

"How'd you know that?"

"Just a hunch," he mumbled dazily as he shimmied into a nicer pair of black pants. Damien sat down tentatively on the creaky bed while Bing looked into his closet and pulled out a slightly wrinkled, bright orange dress shirt, which happily surprised his guest. "Don't look too bad, right?" He paused to inspect the garment and frowned. "...Should I iron it?"

Damien chuckled and shook his head in response. "Well, no. You and hot metal wouldn't mix well." The reply didn't get a laugh. "Hm. It looks fine, Bing. Actually, it looks very put together."

"Thanks, bro! Means a lot." He threw his tank into a pile near the door and put the new one on. There was no need to unbutton it, since it was slightly oversized anyway. The sleeves were rolled up just above his elbows and he fixed the collar so it didn't look too messy. Then he paused with a rare look of contemplation. He took his beloved glasses off and frowned for a good moment at them. "Dames?"