one: untitled

Maya.

Billions and some years ago, humans were given the blessing of existence. Humanity was born, therefore chaos for survival had been brought upon people to get through a day and a night specifying what to do, what to eat, what to drink, where to sleep, and more so of what the hell was going on. Humanity was born who knows when, expected to thrive and live and not consume human flesh like cannibals. But billions of years later, what are we doing? Fighting for mankind? Fighting for world domination? Is it both?- nobody cares, therefore answers vary. Had all of humanity been supplied with ultimate knowledge on existence, life, the universe and the existence of the multiverse even- earth wouldn't have to constantly fight a war between what we're currently doing and what we should have done years ago. Had we known what to do with ourselves, we wouldn't need to create highly-skilled combat personnel's to kill the Broken. But we were never born with the full capacity of knowledge. Therefore, we aren't sure what to do in life. Or what to do to save it.

What am I rambling on about? I don't know. Why am I rambling about? Same answer. Questions like these basic ones of "how are you" and "are you busy this weekend" are incomprehensible during times of survival. My mom told me that, only for me to have to learn it some ten years ago. Had it been my will? Absolutely the hell not. But like Neil once said; one small step for man, one giant leap for humanity. So at the age of eight, having to see men in biohazard hazmat suits come in my home and steal my parents as I hide in the hollow walls of my home with my little brother, I was sure that as soon as the head of ADAM's Eye took one step onto the ground of Seattle, it would be not only a large leap for me and Niall, but for the entire humanity as well. It was now when I actually got to understand how right my aunt Pam was.

"You're doing it again." Niall packs the last remaining guns, ammo and knives into his own separate duffle bag. Mine is yet to be finished, only containing my AS-50 sniper, ammo and my two knives. My mom's KA-BAR and my dad's SOG Pentagon. Both are pretty sharp, but I cherish my mom's the most. It was the first weapon I ever learned to use at the age of six.

"Doing what? I have no idea what you're talking about." I grab my Beretta 92 and stick it into my right side holster, open by bedside drawer and spot my Glock 19 in the top drawer. I instinctively get hold of it and drop it into my bag. Niall sighs. "You know, that thing-where you zone out and look out in the distance for no reason. You think too much." I slightly laugh at my brothers honesty and walk to my closet. "You know me too well brother. It scares me sometimes." A small smile plays in my lips as I throw my closet door open.

"We need to hurry. Adam's guys might be coming right now and we don't know it." My closet is filled with the best military fighting equipment and boxes of ammunition. I grab a few 9mm semi-automatic handguns like my Sauer P226, my Ruger SR-series and Niall's Heckler and Koch VP9 and dump them all in my bag.

"I'm not the one who barely has anything in their duffle bag." I turn to my brother and raise an eyebrow up. "Here," Niall catches a smoke grenade I throw him and drops it into his bag zipping it up afterwards. "I'm almost done." Moving some clothes aside, I manage to find the secret storage in the closet filled with more hand grenades and smoke bombs.

After our clothes and equipment are packed, we make our way to the back of the house where our old Ford sits under a tarp. "You burn the papers and our trail, I'll start the truck." Niall and I place our bags at the back of the car. There are about four bags in total consisting of all possible military guns, knives, ammo and more. If our parents had seen this, they'd either be proud of us, or completely and utterly disappointed that we involved ourselves in this. We promised three years ago to our parents that no matter what, we would never give into causing chaos or killing anyone. We broke it.

A loud roar from Becky, our car, sounds from the engine as I realize that I got the truck to start and Niall was already finished burning our trail. "Let's go?" He says, more of an uncertain question than a confident comment. "Yeah, sure."

"Where are we even going?" Niall asks me. I try to avoid answering because I don't know either. Where were we going? Home is a long way from here. There's no family to go to but each other, and the resistance camp we planned reaching seems almost impossible now that the border has security guards. "Wherever the road takes us." As I then turn the wheel and make a clean left turn, I let out a breath of relief and loosen my grip on the steering wheel. Until a rather suspicious black Jeep follows our trail very closely. "Who's that?" Niall looks at the rear view mirror as he grips the gun on his right holster. My hands tighten around the brown leather of the wheel and adjust my seat. "Must be one if ADAM's military groups from the south base." I reply, taking the next sharp right. "Wanna have some fun?" I ask my brother, a slight smirk plastered on my face. Niall turns to me, mimicking my exact emotions. "Hell yeah."

Authors note:

Soooo, how'd you like the first chapter? I know, nothing much interesting. Just thought I would start the story slow, seeing as I'm not sure how it will work out. If it was boring, sorry, please bear with me. If you like it, please leave your thoughts in the comments on of you like it or vote and like. Thanks.

Stay golden.