Fish Out of Water (Merman! Denmark x Reader) [pt 5]

"I'm so sorry," You comfort Mathias by giving him a hug and to your surprise, he hugs back. He was in shock.

"I can never go back home! I have to start over and try to make a life here. Just imagine, you're highly respected and everyone loves you. Then, you go to have some fun call it maybe 'a little vacation' and then you discover you can't go home," He explains, frowning.

"You can always be highly respected here too," You say as your face is in his chest as he rocks you both back and forth.

"Mathias Køhler," An unrecognizable voice says.

"Father!" Mathias tries to straighten up and make it look like nothing has happened.

"So, is this what you've been doing this past month? Sneaking out of the palace for this girl?" His father asks and motions to you.

"Yes sir," Mathias looks like a child that just got in trouble.

  "You love this girl, right?"

  "What?"

  "You heard me."

  "I definitely do."

"Well there's nothing I can do about it," He shrugs, "I hope she's worth losing it all. There, you have my blessing."

  "Just like that?"

  "Son, you can't help loving someone. If you love her, so be it. I must go now," He swims away with Lukas following closely behind.

  "I'll never be king," He says to himself.

  "You're my king, then," You say, kissing him.

  You two had stayed in Denmark because well legally, Mathias didn't exist. You had someone work on that and five months after he had gotten legal documents, you got married.

  He still wanted to fulfill his restaurant dream, so over the course of two years, Mathias opened a successful restaurant where he sold scrumptious foods and delicious baked goods. Mathias' restaurant got so popular, that it got considered a tourist spot. Soon, it became a chain and was popular all over the world. I guess you could say he became the king of the food industry.

  As for you, Mathias insisted that he would take care you and told you to not get a job because a queen must live in luxury and never lift a finger. Instead, you just recorded videos for the world when you were bored. You had acquired a decent sized fan base and a little extra income.

Just imagine, one small thing could impact your life forever. Just like throwing a dart. If if hadn't landed on Denmark or be thrown at all, none of this would have happened.

  And you lived happily ever after

  The end