1

Josephine's POV

It's been five days since I've moved to London. I've spent my whole entire time here in my apartment, mainly unpacking and watching television. It's different here, I don't see my family as often and I've missed the quiet nights I used to have. Almost every night, I hear teens outside my apartment screaming and partying. Why did I choose to move here in the summer?

I'm nineteen years old, I should be doing what all the other reckless kids are doing. Partying, going out and having fun. But here I am, snuggled on my couch binging Netflix films. 

I hear a female voice outside laughing, I turn up the volume of my movie to distract myself. I hear it again, this time she's yelling, "you idiot! Give it back!" I get up from my couch and peak out the window. There is a girl with a tight red dress yelling at some group of guys. I close my curtains and hop back onto my couch praying that they'll be quieter.  

Ten minutes go by, and the yelling outside hasn't stopped. Why can't they move their little parade inside? I get up from my couch and decide to tell them to be quiet. I look down at my outfit, I'm wearing a black tank top and grey jogger pants, I contemplate on changing into jeans but decide against it.

I push my feet into my white sneakers and head out the door and down the apartment stairs. When I exit my side of the apartment complex, I see about six people standing outside. The same girl with the red dress along with a couple of guys.

"Could you guys be any louder?" I say loud enough for the group to hear.

The girl laughs and looks up and down at me.

"Who are you?" She says with a thick english accent.

"None of you concern, could you guys keep it down?"

A boy with dark skin and black hair nudges his friend beside him and then walks towards me. "Sorry about that," he says with a mischievous smile, "where you from?" He asks me.

"Perth." Why is he asking me this?

"You're an Aussie?" He smiles at his friend behind him and then looks back at me.

"Yes." I say crossing my arms.

The boy steps back to his friend, "you hear that Hero? She's from Australia," he says with a smile.

Why are they talking about me as if I'm not standing right in front of them?

"I have ears." His friend dryly says back. The boy is tall with dark brown hair.

"We don't usually get noise complaints like this," the boy with black hair says.

"Really?"

"Yeah, people aren't usually home. They're out having fun, not staying inside all by themselves all day like you." The girl chimes in.

I raise my eyebrow at the obnoxious girl.

"Why don't you come join us?" The raven haired boy says with smug smile plastered on his face.

"I don't even know your guy's names." Plus I'd rather not waste my night with a bunch of drunk teens I don't even know, I silently add.

"I'm Alex, that's Lexi and Hero," he points to the tall boy with brown hair.

Hero? What a strange name, I wonder if that's his nickname.

"Um, I'm Josephine."

"Well Josephine, we'll be up all night so you might as well just join us. Unless you don't mind the loud music blasting in your sleep." Alex offers.

"I'm good."

"You're sure?" He asks and I nod. "Well, you're welcome anytime."

I give him a faint smile then walk away. I'm not joining them anytime soon.

Hero's POV

"Well, you're welcome anytime." I hear my desperate friend say to the girl. She gives him a fake smile, and then walks away. My eyes scan her body and note the way her pants cling onto the curve of her hip. why haven't I seen her before?

"What the hell was that? You're hitting on random girls now?" I ask Alex.

"Why not? She was a pretty little thing. She's got that Aussie accent as well." He boasts.

"Who even is she?" Lexi blurts.

"Why does it matter? She seems stuck up anyway. You're annoying enough, we don't need another one." I say to her as I pull out my phone. Lexi flips me off but I could care less.

"You guys can fuck off, I'm inviting her here next week." Alex tells us.

"How are you even going to do that? You don't know where she lives exactly."

I doubt she'd show up, she's probably busy knitting or doing some boring shit.

"I'll figure it out. I always do."

I ignore him and take a sip out of my cup. The velvety taste travels down my throat.

Josephine's POV

When I get back to my apartment I head straight to my couch. I drape the thick blanket over my body as I stare into the TV screen. I find myself spacing out of the movie as I think about what Alex said, should I join them some time? I could use some friends. No, they don't look the the group I'd be friends with.

I grab my remote and power off the TV, I need some sleep. I decide to stay on my couch since I can't find then energy to go to my bed. A few minutes go by as I drift to sleep.

...

Thump! 

I hear a loud noise that seems to be coming from my door, reach my arm out to grab my phone to check the time. It's two in the morning, I assume it's some drunk person coming home next to me. I decide to ignore the noise that woke me up and go back to sleep.

Thump thump! 

I let out an angry sigh. Who is banging on my door? I climb out of my warm couch feeling a cool breeze coat my skin. Shoot, I forgot to turn off the AC. As I reach my door I hear another thump. 

"I'm coming! Geez," I say to whoever is on the other side.

When I swing open the door, I spot a boy leaning on the wall beside it who seems to be passed out. He looks up at me, his bloodshot eyes revealing how much he drank. What the hell is he doing banging on my door?

"Can I help you?" I say as nicely as I can.

"You," he points his finger at me.

"What?" I scan his face.

Oh.

It's the tall boy I encountered earlier.

"Hero?" I ask the brown haired boy.