Chapter 27: The plan

Dongmei turns her head to look at Jinghua and stares at her before she says, "Jinghua... Sooner or later, there will come a time for us to settle down and have a family of our own too. I may be just a maidservant but I insist to marry a good looking man. This is all for the sake of my children, with a pair of good looking parents, it will ensure them to be born with exceptional looks as well."

Jinghua immediately massages her head after hearing what has just been said by Dongmei. Yes, Dongmei is very dedicated in serving their mistress but she is someone who is a bit vain and conceited at the same time who values outer appearance the most.

"Dongmei... You... I do not want to talk to you!!!"

Jia Huian who is resting inside her sleeping chamber heard the exchanges between her two maidservants. As she smiles, General Hai Bojing gently rubs on her flat stomach. This makes her to further leans her head towards his chest.

"Beloved wife, that Jinghua and Dongmei are very interesting. Not sure who will pair with you but... That Dongmei might try her luck with Hai Ling. He is a very good looking man but he never bothers with the opposite sex and only focuses solely on his work."

Jia Huian softly says, "Is that so? Is he much better looking than you?"

General Hai Bojing takes a deep breath to calm himself down before he softly says, "Huian... He is indeed much better looking than me. Are you regretting to have this not so good looking man as your husband?"

Jia Huian chuckles before she says, "Husband, I am just curious. After all, I do think that my older brother is still the most handsome man in the Kingdom."

General Hai Bojing chuckles too before he further says, "Yes, brother-in-law is indeed much more handsome."

"En... Though, in my eyes, you are still the best looking man I have ever seen."

"And, in my eyes, you are the most beautiful..."

"Hush... Our daughter will be the most beautiful woman ever."

General Hai Bojing looks down and says, "Both of you will be the most beautiful 'fairies' in our Kingdom, Huian. I will make sure that no men will ever lay their eyes on our daughter."

Jia Huian pushes him further apart before she glares at him, "Are you trying to make out daughter to be an old maid? In this family, it is enough for you to marry late, Bojing."

"Are you trying to say that I am an old man?"

Jia Huian smiles as she answers, "You are not old... You are a mature man."

General Hai Bojing gently pinches the tip of her nose before he kisses her forehead, "His Highness better be gone to that Western Border soon. I do not want to be returning there unless necessary."

Jia Huian softly sighs and says, "You are too bad. If His Highness is going there, Chunhua will be going there too together with Jinghua and Dongmei."

"Not to worry... Chuntao will be here. It seems like Chunhua instructed that Caolan will be serving you as well while she is not around. The sooner they are there, the sooner for your 'plan' to happen."

Jia Huian yawns before she falls asleep while she is still in General Hai Bojing's embrace. When he noticed her steady breathing, he gently let her lay on the bed. He even pulls the blanket to cover her body. Before he leaves, he kisses her forehead once more.

When he walks out of the sleeping chamber, he is greeted by the sight of Jinghua and Dongmei glaring at each other while Chuntao watches from the side. His wife's maidservants are indeed lively young girls.