Chapter 6 (part 1)

Sorry, sorry, sorry! I know I was suppose to update a lot sooner but I had a computer issue and had to send it in to the manufacturer to get fixed…had no idea it would take weeks to get back. And of course when I did get my computer back it was wiped so I had to rewrite this chapter. I know when I read stories and they leave a cliffhanger I go nuts waiting for them to post the next chapter so again I am sorry. BTW please don’t hate me by the end of this chapter : / Well enjoy! Let me know what you think, thanks!

Recap

I reached down to my ringing cell phone and immediately answered without looking to see who was calling. I assumed that it was Kandace, she is probably freaking out with worry when I didn’t come home.

“I’m so sorry Kandace, I fell asleep.”

“Is this Katherine James” an unfamiliar man’s voice said.

“Uh, yes this is she” I said confused as to why some stranger was calling my phone at 5am.

The next few minutes would be a defining moment in my life. My world as I knew it would soon come tumbling down around me.

Chapter 6 (Part 1)

I dropped my phone and fell to my knees, the stranger’s words ringing back in my head.

“I’m sorry to inform you Miss but your sister has been killed.”

Killed. This is a freaking dream and I’m going to wake up any second. No way could my beautiful sister be killed, she was only sixteen years old, God wouldn’t be so cruel to take the life of someone who hasn’t even gotten a chance to really live.

I couldn’t breathe as grief overtook me, I felt a warm hand on my back rubbing circles in an attempt to soothe me.

“What’s wrong Kat?” I heard Adam ask sleepily with concern in his voice but I couldn’t even think let alone respond.

My stomach was churning and I knew I was going to be sick so I ran straight to the kitchen and threw up in the sink. After emptying all the contents in my stomach, I sunk to the cold tiled floor hoping the coolness would bring some comfort to my heated body.

I pulled my knees to my chest so that I was laying in the fetal position and let the quiet tears fall down my face. Adam was kneeling beside me with a cool washcloth wiping of my face. Again I could hear him ask me what was wrong but I couldn’t tell him because it would make it all too real. Dead, my sister is dead.

It couldn’t be possible! We were twins I should have felt something if something had happened to her. Isn’t that what all those damn doctors say, that twins have to ability to sense on another. If she was in some sort of danger I would know.

I could hear my phone ringing again but couldn’t move. Adam looked at me with a worried expression before sprinting to the living room to answer my phone. I could hear his voice in the far distance…

“Hello…she’s not feeling that well, how can I help you?”

Pause

“Oh my god, are you sure it was her?”

Pause

“Yes, yes we will be there right away, thank you officer!”

Adam was next to me in a flash, lifting me off the floor and pulling me tightly to his chest.

“Oh my god Kat, I am so sorry!”

Finally finding my voice I managed to croak out, “This isn’t a dream, she’s really dead?”

I looked into his eyes and I knew the second the I saw the pity in them it was real. My sister is dead. Adam scooped me off the ground and gently laid me on the couch. I saw him grab my purse and his car keys before returning to me.