Chapter 20

The next day I just laid around in my bed with Ashton. Happy for some time alone with him.

"I like when we get time ourselves" Ashton says pulling me closer.

"Me too" I say sitting up slightly in his lap.

I lean in and press my lips to his. Moaning at the shocks I feel from his lips on mine and his arms wrap themselves around my waist.

"So I was thinking that since we are back home I could take you on a real date" Ashton says excitement in his voice. I smile happy that he wants to take me out.

"Yeah I would love to" I say laughing as he rolls us over laying on top of me.

"Good" He says smiling though he seems lost in thought for a moment.

"What is it?" I ask him slightly concerned by his sudden change in character.

"What do you think happened to Angie. Do you think she forgives us?" Ashton asks looking a little down. I can tell he blames himself a bit for what happened.

"I'm not sure I tried to message her but she won't answer me but it really isn't surprising. Her brother was shot and killed so she is probably trying to find a way to cope" I say rubbing my hands along his arms.

"It's not your fault Ashton"

"I know"

"He hurt us and was going to kill Michael if the officer hadn't shot him"

"Yeah I know"

"You didn't do anything wrong"

"I just feel bad Leia. I was just so worry about finding you I didn't think of a better plan. Maybe if we would have held him down until the police came he wouldn't have been able to aim at Michael" He says sadly and I take ahold of his chin.

"If you handy got there when you did he would have raped me and then killed me and then Michael wouldn't have a sister and Angie would have felt even worse" I say and he nods.

"I'm just glad that you are okay. I love you" He says staring into my eyes.

"I love you too" I say giving him a soft smile before pulling him back down to me. Our lips move together trying to express everything we feel in one kiss.

In that moment I know that everything will be okay. We have each other and our friends and our family by our side and that's all we really need.

Authors Note: I hope you enjoyed this story. Let me know if you think there should be a sequel and if so what about. It means a lot to know what you think.