Vol 1: Yume no Owari - The End of The Dream

© 2019 Shin Igami

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, who is also the publisher. For permission requests, write to the publisher's email address, expressed below.

Cover by Shin Igami

Darkness!

The only thing I can see is darkness.

Where am I?

My feet don't touch the ground!

My voice doesn't come out!

I don't feel anything!

I don't feel even my body!

Am I dead?

There is no sound here, but...

But, I am sure I have just heard something.

What was that?

Who told it?

Was it me?

I can't remember.

I can't remember that word.

The word, which was so familiar, so lonely, and so scary.........

Prologue

The world I am living in is called "Ellia". According to ancient records, God created this world more than 3000 years ago. Originally God created six different races, which should live here in peace. However, they ignored God's will and fought with each other for the dominance of the world. Two more races, Dark Elves, and Vampires, which were created by the Demon King, joined this war a millennium later. Even though they signed a peace treaty a thousand years ago, this war is still continuing in the shadows.

Eight races that living in this world right now are:

1. Forest Elves – the race with the most magic power among all races;

2. Dark Elves – the greatest warriors;

3. Fairies – the cleverest race;

4. Mermaids – the only aquatic race;

5. Dwarfs – the most hardworking race;

6. Demi-Humans – the most agile race;

7. Vampires – the strongest earth-born race;

8. Humans – the first earth-born and the most populous race.

Additionally, there are two more races, which created by God even before the existence of the universe.

Angels – the divine race lives above the sky, in Heaven;

Demons – the most ruthless race, punishers of sinners, live in the underground, in the Abyss, which is also known as Hell.

And who am I? My name is Kusanagi Youko. I am the heiress of the Kusanagi Clan, which is also known as the strongest human clan in the world.