Introduction

Everyone has one thing that keeps them afloat. A hobby, a person, a place. For Charlotte, that was the trumpet. Charlotte was absolutely and utterly in love with playing the trumpet. Learning her solo piece, hosting sectionals, and practicing for drum major auditions were her biggest worries. Until they weren't, that is.

Everyone has people that make their lives difficult. Whether that's because of unrequited feelings, a complicated relationship, or pure and constant jealousy, everyone has someone who causes slight inconveniences now and then. For Charlotte, that someone was Oliver Skywell. She didn't hate him. She just wished that he wasn't so adored by all. He managed to be mediocre and still be loved by the unanimous public. Her mom, for one, worshiped the ground Oliver walked on. After middle school they go to different schools, so Charlotte should be able to finally relax and not have to be twice as good as him, right?

Wrong.

It turned out that Charlotte doesn't get to relax. Not for one goddamn second. Great. She thinks that her ex one sided nemesis, to put it strongly, coming back into her life should be the most difficult thing about her life, right?

Nope. Wrong again. It turns out her parents are more complicated than she thought. What happens when Charlotte learns that there is way much more to Charlotte's life than simply distant parents, a big house, and a marching band?

Updates every Friday. Feel free to leave a vote and a comment. Please constructive criticism only! Thanks for the support!