Chapter One

(Avery's wolf pictured above)

*2 years later*

It's been two years since I was rejected and left the only life I've ever known.

It hasn't been the easiest life being a rogue but I would take it any day over being stuck in a pack where I never belonged.

I spend my first few months around human towns, but I quickly realized I couldn't truly be happy pretending to be something I'm not.

So I made my way out near the mountains, as a little girl, I was always told about the packs near the mountains and how they truly lived like wolves.

I felt a tug in my heart that convinced me that's where I needed to go, so I went.

------------------------------

I could feel like air around me become colder the farther I ran through the trees.

It was a freeing feeling until I hear the distinct sound of a bear making itself known as I unknowingly crossed through its territory.

I barely had enough time to leap out of its claws reach before it came at me again.

I have always managed to avoid bears in the 2 years I have been rogue, having such a smaller wolf I know there would be no way for me to survive if it ever got a hold of me.

Using my wolf instincts I managed to dodge almost all of it attacks, but it seems that my luck is running out as I stumbled over my paws and fall to the forest floor.

I quickly jump back up but not before it's big claws slash across my left side, instantly all I feel is the burning sensation of my skin getting slashed apart as its claws rake from my ribs to my hip.

Fighting through the pain I quickly snap my jaws around it right calf muscle, I hear it yell out in pain before it takes its big paw and smacks me into a near by tree.

All I could do was lay there and not pass out from the pain from my side and now my head from hitting the tree, I could faintly make out the bear making its was for me, as I sent a quick prayer to the moon goddess for my death to be fast and painless.

When all of a sudden a solid black wolf leaped over me started to attack the bear, not long after a second reddish brown wolf joined in on the fight.