one

mallory

i had finished practice with the USWNT. in a couple months was the official roster for the World Cup. and i had no idea what place i was in for that. lindsey rose & i had planned to go for coffee. but our friendly today vs New Zealand was in a few hours.

     the few time that we had between warm-up & game was now. so sonnet & sam left for shopping. and rose lindsey & i went through with our coffee plan.

the coffee shop was cold but cozy at the same time. there was a lot of pics of bands i admired & some old autographs from old celebrities. the last time lindsey rose & i came here, the owners loved us and gave the coffee to us for free as long as we gave them our signature, which was also hanging up. 

after ordering some coffee and avocado toast i had sat down at the table waiting for it. "i'm really not in the mood for this game. we always beat them why do we still have to do friendlies." rose complained. i laughed along with lindsey. i turned around to catch rose staring for what seemed an hour. at two guys who walked in.

"the one with the curly hair is definitely your type mal." rose smiled tapping me.

"what? no. i don't think so." i responded quickly taking a sip of my coffee as it just arrived.

lindsey modded , "i never agree with rose when she says it but it's true. go get him."

"and do what just be like , hi give me your number ?" i laughed again loudly as rose followed along. catching a stare from both of the guys and a quick smile from the curly haired one.

i saw rose mouth something to him and immediately elbowed her in the side.
"i'm so sorry." i mouthed back. making both him & his friend laugh.

after a while him and his friend pulled up to a table right by us. with hoping for no communication for the rest of the day. i was fine. i finished my avocado toast, and before paying the girls and i went to the bathroom. i walked past him & gave him a smile, as he gave one back.

when i came back from the bathroom both guys were gone, and i'm assuming they had left. "looks like we'll never see those guys again. because mal doesn't know how to shoot her shot" lindsey says.

i roll my eyes at her comment, "he 100% wasn't interested. and i'm not gonna put myself in a relationship with someone who didn't say anything to me either." i respond.

"he smiled like 12 times mal." rose says. we all split up our bill and i see a napkin underneath my cup.

the girls head out and i wait to pick it up and read it.

'hi kinda weird but i'm that guy who came in w his friend & couldn't stop looking at you :) text me ? my numbers 000-000-0000 btw my friend thinks the other girl who mouthed something to me is cute too' 

i instantly smiled. "What? Mal why are you looking at a napkin?" Lindsey asked.
I showed her the napkin and a smile grew on her face, as she called rose over.

"omg wait the second guy was my type too." rose says smiling.

"okay finally we all have men." lindsey says laughing.

after getting back in the locker room dansby and i had already started talking. oh yeah, and his name is dansby.

"so what's this girl smiling about?" alex jokes pointing at me, and lifting up her socks.

"she found a man, at a coffee shop." lindsey responds.

"and i haven't been informed because?" sonnet adds.

"he was really cute. and mal didn't make a move. until he made one. he left her a note on a napkin." lindsey responds smiling.

"yeah and his friend is for me sorry guys." rose adds.

"woah wait, lavelle found one too?" alex asks as rose nods.

my phone dinged and alex immediately stole the phone out of my hand to read the message.

" 'yeah haha i can't believe we're both pro-athletes. i'll def watch ur game today. kick ass for me' Okay I'm still waiting for Servando to be this cute. " She says laughing, giving me my phone back.
my face grows red but a smile grows as well.

"rose he gave me the other guys number." i inform her, as she quickly comes near me and takes the number down.

"hold up. he's a pro athlete ?" ashlyn asks.

"yeah i searched him up when you said athlete. he plays baseball." allie says.

"seems like a baseball boy." lindsey says.

"so now. we wait , and see if this actually works out?" mewis says.

"hopefully it does. we both have busy schedules so i hope we understand each other." i add.

i get another text,

and it's a screenshot of his lockscreen that read.
(dansbyswanson) : @alexmorgan13 has followed you.

@lavellerose has followed you.

@malpugh has followed you.

@emilysonnett has followed you.

@lindseyhoran10 has followed you.

@sammymewyy has followed you.

'how many friends do you have ? 😂'

to which i responded with,
'22 best friends 🤪'