PROLOGUE.

Once upon a time, in a far away land, there lived a King and Queen whose only desire was to have a child.

One day, the king went to the mountains alone. He discovered a nice meadow and stayed there for three long days. At night time, while the king was busy making a fire, he heard rustling that was coming from the bushes. He ignored it at first, but the rustling sound grew louder and became annoying. The king decided to check what it is. He picked up his knife that was placed on the grass beside him and quickly stood up. He went to where the rustling sounds were coming from.

"Whose there?" He asked. But, there was no answer. The king placed a hand on the bush and was ready to stab whoever was there, but then, to his surprise, there popped a head of an old woman smiling at him.

The king got startled and fell back on the ground. The old woman walked out of the bushes carrying a basket in her hands.

"W-who are y-you?" The king asked in a stuttered tone.

The old woman stood in front of her and placed the basket down. Then she spoke, "My name is Varga. I am a fairy who grants wishes."

The king raised a brow as he looked at the woman.

"A fairy?" The king asked now confused. The woman nodded. "A-are you really a f-fairy?" The king stuttered again.

The woman nodded. "I can grant everything you wish for, your highness." She bowed her head down in front of the king.

The king nodded and quickly stood up, dusting the dirt that was on his clothes.

"So, if you really are a fairy, you can grant me what ever I wish?" He asked.

"What ever you wish for, my king." The woman answered still bowing her head.

"Alright." The king took a deep breath. "Then, I wish for me and my wife to have a child. A girl, that has long brown hair, and hazel brown eyes that glimmer in the sunlight, her skin white as snow and her voice soothing that it can melt every man's heart when she sings." The king demanded.

The woman looked up and stood straight. "Is that all, your highness?" She asked. The king nodded. "You wish for a child. Then you will have a child."

And, in a blink of an eye, a bright light flashed in front of the king. He covered his eyes because the light was stinging them, when the light faded, he no longer saw the woman, instead he beard a baby's cry.

He looked down on the basket and saw a baby. A beautiful baby girl. However, there was a note on the basket. The king picked it up and read it.

The noe says,

Your highness, pardon me.

For I, don't give my wishes for happiness.

This baby may be yours by then,

But, on the day of her 16th birthday,

she will die!

By that, the king hurriedly went back to the castle together with the baby. He didn't believe everything he read on the note.

"I will protect you, and you will live happily ever after." He whispered in the baby's ear.