Prologue

My life hasn't always been perfect. People think being rich and all is great, but really it is not. My dad controls my life like a maniac. Saying "he knows what's best for me", I never had to make choices in my life. Sure, I am just a 17 year old about to turn 18 but I have a mind to think and to speak. When I am outside, my dad makes be go with a bodyguard. He says," Emma it's for your safety, I don't want something to happen to you." I am about to be an adult for the love of god! I don't need a bodyguard when I am about to college! Sometimes I tried to persuade my father to let me go outside by myself. But he refuses, saying " I don't know better than him." My friends tell me that I am lucky the I am a "King" because I don't need to worry about anything. My father's company has been passed down from generations. My great grandfather, Henry King started the company.

My father wants me to go to college and study business because since I am the oldest child in the family, I will be taking over the company. It's not that I hate the idea of taking over the company, I just want to live my life. I want to travel over the world, learn new things, and take a different major in college. But I can't do that, my mother always tells me to, "listen to your father he knows what's best for you." They never ask for want I want, what I want to do in life. I know I might sound like a spoiled girl and should be thankful for everything, I just want to make my own choices. And do you know what's worse? My dad wants me to hurry up finding a guy and get married to him. Apparently, he wants to marry someone who will help me with the company. But that is not happening in a million years.

My name is Emma King, daughter of Anthony King and Sarah King. I have blond-brownish hair, my height is 5 feet, and 6 inches and have blue eyes. I also have two brothers, the oldest brother is, Tom ( he is 15 years old) and the youngest brother is James ( he is 14 years old). We also have a dog name Tati. I go to a high school called, "Alexandria High" it's a good school, at least I have good friends there. Some of what you call the " popular kids" like Cindy Harrison. She hates my guts, she always acts all friendly to me when she needs something. At first, I thought she really wanted to be my friend but I found out the truth from my best friend, Karen. We have been friends since kindergarten. She doesn't care if I am rich, she is 5 feet and 4 inches, with black hair, but she dyed the ends of her hair pink and also has light brown eyes. 

We have a group of friends, it's six of us in the group. It's Karen and me, then there is Ben Jones, the captain of the football team in our school or you could say the jock of our school. He is 6 feet and 6 inches, has brown hair and green eyes. All the girls have their eyes on him, especially Cindy. I had, KEYWORD had a crush on him. Sure he is cute but there is no way he would ask me out or anything because he and I are really close friends. But anyway, there is also Noah Davis, who is the quarterback in the football team. He and Ben are best friends, when they are together they are double trouble. Noah is 6 feet and 5 inches, has light brown hair and dark brown eyes. Then, there is Brett Scott, captain of the basketball team. He is also 6 feet and 6 inches, he has red-brownish hair and blue eyes. Lastly, Kate Jackson, she is 5 feet and 4 inches, with blond hair and brown eyes. All six of us have been friends since 7th grade. We made a promise that we would be friends forever.

But things kind of change when someone new came to our school.

Hey guys, thanks for reading my books, please votes and comment. Oh and also share my story please. Thanks, bye!❤❤💞💞💞