Chapter Twelve

Two kills

Leon stood there while he waited for Y/n to decide what she was going to do. "It's not hard." He stated.

The path they took was blocked by a metal bar gate which the only way to open it was for Y/n to let Leon help her up to the hole that was above the gate.

"I'm to heavy!" She protested even though that wasn't the reason. She didn't want to get stuck and end up leaving Leon behind. What if he ditched her?

Leon rose a brow while crossing his arms. "Do I look weak to you?" He asked as she nodded her head in reply. He scoffed for the first time as he couldn't believe someone had thought so little of him.

He walked over towards her as he lifted her up onto his shoulder. Indeed she was heavy but it was because his body was getting weaker from the poison spreading in his body. If she wanted to live, she needed to stop being scared.

"W-what are you doing!" She yelled at him as he let her down. "Showing I'm not weak." He replied with a smirk as he notice her face was beat red. Was it hot in here? Or was she starting to not feel good at all?

Y/n looked away as she glanced up at the hole. If she kept stalling like this, she'd be putting Leon's life at risk. Even though he said not to worry about him.

"I'm ready." She softly spoke while looking back at him.

Leon nodded his head while getting next to the wall. Holding both his hands together for her to use as a step. "Well?" He asked with a brow raised.

Y/n sighed while remembering she had seen stuff like this in the movies. She brought her leg back a little so she could get ready to sprint and climb up into the hole.

When she stepped into his hands, he gave her a boost to help her get high enough to reach the hole, in which she did.

Her hands scratching against the hard dirt surface, dirt getting underneath her nails. She glanced down from the hole. "What do I do when I get to the other side?" She asked.

"Just find a switch of some sort. I'll be waiting here." He assured her while turning his back on her to make sure nothing was lurking around.

She let out a sigh before crawling through the tight space. Once she had made it to the other side. There were two zombies walking around.

If she were to get notice, it would be trouble. Her combat skills weren't the greatest either.

She leaped down from the hole, bribing her knife out as quickly as she could in case they came running at her. Thinking of a strategy to at least take care of one of them.

That's when she saw her opportunity.

She crouched down while sneaking her way towards one zombie that happened to have their back turned from her now. Slowly getting closer as she tighter her grip on the knife.

Quickly standing up as she grabbed its shoulder to hold it steady while she drive the knife through its skull.

"One down." She mumbled only to scream when the other must have seen her the entire time.

It had tackled her down to the floor, causing the knife to fall out of her hand.

She kept the zombie pushed back from her as far as she could. Trying to get close enough to rip at her flesh with its mouth, but couldn't reach. It struggled with all its strength that she never knew the dead would have at all.

Y/n looked around for anything to try and kill the walking corpse, but couldn't since her knife was to far from her reach. She gathered up all her strength to roll over the zombie with her on top of it now. Quickly reaching for her knife to stab it in the middle of its forehead. Blood oozing out.

Pulling the knife out from its head as she heaved out a long sigh. Never in her life, did she think she'd really be able to kill one, Well two.
Y/n stood up from the floor and spotted the lever for the gate to open. Walking over towards it as she place the knife to her strap and turned the lever. Watching over towards the door to see it slowly open.

Once she had fully turned it she stopped and rushed over to meet Leon, only to collide with him. "What's the rush?!" He was concerned since he had heard her scream. His eyes darting all over her body for any signs of injuries.

She didn't respond when he had notice the two zombies on the floor. A stabbed wound in the head. He glanced back at her with a smirk. "Are you sure you're not a spy?"

"For the last time! I'm not a spy!" She glared at him as he smiled. Something she didn't expect to see.

"Let's get going." He told her while walking past her.

Was she really starting to fall for him?