Sixteen.

"Uhh what's up?" Ski asks as he follows me through his own house. I stop at the kitchen and turn around, looking at him.

"I can't do this. Us. And I am so sorry but-"

"But you love Jahseh." Ski finishes for me. I nod slightly. "It's okay Kenna. As long as you're happy. I'm good with being friends. Y'all just be destined together, I accept it."

"Well I wouldn't say destined." I chuckle. "But thank you for understanding. It means so much to me." Ski pulls me into a hug and I let out a mental sigh. Hurting Ski would be basically the worst thing I could do. "I gotta go. Thank you Stokeley pokeley."

"Shut up." Ski laughs. "Text me later."

"For sure." I say before I wave and dip. I jog back to my car and head to my destination.

Okay now listen to lovely by Billie Ellish and Khalid RIGHT NOW B.

I walk up the steps slowly. Did I just make a mistake? No. I grab onto the door handle but freeze in fear. After a minute I slowly turn it and open the door. I'm greeted with a dark room. The tv is on so I can still see but, not too well. I kick my shoes off and crawl into the bed. I'm wearing a large black T-shirt and a pair of boxers so I'm basically ready for bed. Jahsehs eyes flutter and he stares at me. I stare back and we lay like that for what seems like forever.

Thought I found a way out
But you never go away
So I guess I gotta stay now.

Jahseh snakes his arms around my waist and he pulls me closer to him. I examine his face and rest my hand on his cheek.

"Jahseh?" I whisper.

"Yes?" He answers.

"I love you."

Jahseh smiles at me and pulls me into him. I nestle my head into the crook of his neck and he keeps his arms around me.

"I love you McKenna." He says quietly. The butterflies in my stomach go crazy and my heart jumps. I love Jahseh. I love him. He loves me. Maybe we were meant to be together.

Flashback

"No." Jahseh says, staring at me intensely. "I don't wanna do this anymore."

"Jahseh it'll be okay. You'll get out so-" I start to say all the inspirational shit I've been tellin him for years but he cuts me off.

"No, the song. I don't wanna do this anymore." He laughs. I give him a quizzical look and he smiles slightly.

"Jahseh times up, lets go." An officer shouts behind him. Jahseh turns to the officer and nods.

"Its for you." Jahseh puts the phone back on the receiver and stands up. It's for me.

I sat in my car for an hour outside the jail, just thinking. He wrote the song for me. Not Geneva. Not some random ass hoe. But for me. I listened to it at least twenty times, until I knew every word, every verse. Does Jahseh have feelings for me? What the fuck.

Sorry this is so short but this is all I felt that needed to be put in this chapter. :)))))))))