Chapter One

The door of my new classroom stands before me. Another year, another try at starting all over again. But, I've tried that for the past 3 years, to no avail. The past still haunts me.

I take a look at the class list, my name is plastered there, along with a few others I recognize. Other students push towards in front of me, trying to get their turn to look at the class list. I let out a scoff, and move out of their way. Seriously, people get into my nerves.

'Her name was on that list as well...'

I shake the thoughts out of my head. Just ignore her, let time take its course, and one day, everything's going to be fine.

Why couldn't my life be any easier?

I took a seat on the farthest chair at the corner. The teacher's gonna rearrange us anyway, so might as well. I met Jamie, Bailey, and Jill earlier this morning. We were placed in separate classrooms. This is going to be the worst year ever, I have no friends in here. Well, time to be the dead, quiet kid at the corner of the room.

My thoughts rushed to him... Why did Jill get to be in the same room with him, while I'm stuck with her. Ugh, teachers, I swear they did this, especially Ms. Saxon. I don't even know why she's my teacher again.

The time passes, not once did I raise my head just to say 'Hi'. We're forced do it later, anyway.

"Good Morning, class." A high-pitched voice emanates from in front, breaking my trance. I sloppily pick myself up from my seat, greeting back quietly. "Sit down, class." A petite lady, around her 40's, she tucked her short hair cut in a bob behind her ear and walked towards the middle of the room. "Okay, let's introduce ourselves, shall we? Say your name, likes, dislikes, hobbies, et cetera. I'll start. My name is Ms. Juve. It's nice to meet you all---" She proceeds to introduce herself to the class, I paid little to no attention, it's the same thing every year.

I twirl my shaggy unkempt hair. It hasn't been cut since January, and it's the middle of June here. I'm sure I'll get scolded for this someday. Damn school rules. It sucks being in a private Catholic school. Everyone's uptight and authoritative here.

The trees sway gently in the summer breeze. A gust flows into the room and caresses my face like a feather. I close my eyes and meditate, listening carefully to sounds outside. The calm chirping of the birds and sparrows. The sea of trees, recreating the splash of waves on a pure white shore. The quiet chatters and conversations thrown around the room.

"My name is---" Few boys and girls start their introductions with that phrase. It just shows how simple their speech is. Some start with, "I am---", while others choose to have their own introductory speech. It's amazing how you can get a good impression from people when they speak.

"Hey guys," A familiar voice rings in my ears. Nicolette Martins. That girl...

The sight of her brings back memories. Some good ones, some bad ones.

One by one, as each person introduced their selves, the closer my turn was. I scanned the room to get a look at my classmates. Some were my classmates before, some were new. I took note of the new ones and tried to remember their names.

One guy stood up, a familiar face. We've never been classmates before but I saw him once or twice in the hallways before. Sylvester, was it? "Uh, Hey guys. My name is Spencer Roxas." Ah, that's it. Spencer.

He had a wide, square jaw, dark tousled hair, with piercing almond eyes that simply see through you, a sharp nose, and a tan complexion. He had a toned body, not too much muscle, nor not too skinny either.

...Am I checking him out? I quietly laugh at how easy I fall for a guy. It's ridiculous.

Spencer kept talking, but I was too caught up in his smooth deep voice. Not like a low note from a tuba deep, think a hot cup of coffee on a rainy day. My thoughts flutter into nowhere while his voice gently sways my soul to peace like a flower glade in spring.