Chapter Three

"You seem to get hurt a lot."

A low voice echoes in my ears as I winced and clutched my head in pain. Nothing severe, but it still hurts. I squinted to see the owner of the voice.

A flicker of light illuminates the stranger's light brown hair that shines bright gold.

Kean.

He saw me walk into a wall.

A WALL.

Damn, this isn't good. This doesn't give me points in his heart.

"You okay?" Kean said, slowly walking towards me. "Did you get hurt?"

I slowly nodded. "It hurts."

"I wasn't asking you." He placed a hand on the wall. THE DAMN WALL.

"I wasn't talking to you either. Ugh, subconscious, help me." I say slowly, preparing to stand up.

I swear, he's always like that. Acting all cool and stuff. He jokes and teases me even in situations like this.

And yet that's why you fall so deeply for him.

Shut up, brain. The last thing I need is for him to realize I like him and possibly damaging our friendship.

But what if he did like you? What if he's just afraid of telling you, the same way you act, you little wimp.

Stop it. I don't want to unconsciously speak my mind out loud.

Okay, whatever. But you can't deny the fact you like him. Or rather, love him.

He's right. My mind is making more sense than I could ever do. I've fell for him and I can't stop falling for him. But all I can muster up--, or rather do, is keep my feelings contained, hidden from view.

I slowly stand up, my body feeling weak. My legs suddenly give up and I fall.

Well, almost fell.

A pair of arms wrap around me and catch my fall, pulling me back to someone's chest.

His chest...

I feel our bodies in contact, arms strongly holding me tight. But I didn't feel suffocated. I didn't feel uncomfortable. I felt safe.

Butterflies fill my stomach, a warm sensation building up within me. I can smell a fragrant scent of cinnamon tickle my nose. Our skins touch, his smooth skin rubs against mine. His head snugs just next to mine. I can feel a little muscle on his toned slender body.

I feel as if I've been rocketed to the heavens.

We stood there for quite a while. It might've been just for a couple seconds, but to me, it felt like forever.

But forever doesn't last. It had to end. It needed to end. But I didn't want that to happen. I wanted to stay like this, even for just a little while longer. I close my eyes and cherish this moment. A wave of nostalgia runs over me, a distant memory recalling itself.