A rainy day

It was a stormy morning, humid as the rain poured and fallen leaves danced around in the wind

It was a stormy morning, humid as the rain poured and fallen leaves danced around in the wind. Thunder cracked in the sky, lightning flashes over in the distance and the soft sound of shoes can be heard as the boy stepped slowly along the wet footpath; a single strap of his bag slung over one shoulder, hand holding it as the other rested comfortably in the pocket of his over sized black hoodie.

*pitter patter* The droplets poured down from the clouds above as it wet everything it could *drip*, including the boy, but he didn't mind, in fact he adored the rain and everything about it; The smell, the sound, the feeling and how it makes everything look so alive and beautiful.

The young boy walked around the collage *step. step. step.* reading some plaques placed in the gardens, he could feel the due landing on him, some dripping from the end of his fringe then trickling down his cheek as if he was crying;  he didn't feel sad, nor happy or anything. It's as if the rain washed away all of his emotions except for enjoyment. He didn't care. Until he saw some other people walking around, insecurities and self consciousness came flooding in faster than the rain fell from the sky,, quickly slipping his hoodie on over his head as he turned around and walked underneath the sheltered path, not wanting the others to see him and worried about what they thought. He didn't know them and he told himself he didn't care about their thoughts but he couldn't help it. So he went inside hoping there would be no one, and luckily, there wasn't.

About thirty seconds passed, not much time but the rain became heavier as if it were crying to the boy for him to come back outside, crying cause it misses his presence and seemed as though he was the only one to bask and appreciate its beauty. "Such an idiot" he chuckled lightly while rubbing his forehead with the palm of his right hand, exiting the building and walking back into the rain. It became lighter suddenly, everything washed away again as he did a few slow turns with his eyes closed and head tilted up to the sky.

The boy just wants to walk and walk and walk while the wet due is still falling, not having to feel anything but enjoyment and happiness that would eventually sprout within him as little seedlings do from the damp soil on days like these. Unfortunately he could not. By the time he was free, the rain was no more.

———————————

Credit to original artist(s)
(Image)