[03] THE ROLE YOU WERE BORN TO PLAY

BETRAYAL!

VALERIE JONES walked up to the sign up sheet, eager to audition for the lead in her favourite musical

VALERIE JONES walked up to the sign up sheet, eager to audition for the lead in her favourite musical. Sure she didn't exactly portray the attitude and personality that was suited to the character of Sandy Olsson, but she thought that considering she's the one who suggested the play, she'd get any role she wanted. As she was walking to the bulletin board that had the sign up sheet, she found Blaine, Sam and Xander there already.

"As President and Vice President we pretty much decree which ever parts we want right?" Sam said, writing his name  on the sheet before giving the pen to Xander, "And I'm pretty sure we get to give you what ever part you want."

"I'm not sure I'm gonna do the musical this year" Blaine mentioned as he was leaning against the wall, looking into space, "I'm not in the right headspace to do a project like Grease."

"Wait you don't wanna do grease?" Valerie interrupted, walking up to the boys, two of which nodded at her in greeting as Blaine shook his head in response, "Well why the hell not?"

"Since Kurt and I broke up, I haven't slept, I've lost my appetite and I don't even gel on weekends" Blaine answered, with a depressed look on his face.

"Who is Kurt?" Valerie questioned, confused.

"Blaine's boyfriend" Xander told, before Sam elbowed him in the stomach, making him realise his mistake, "Sorry ex boyfriend."

"This is pretty serious then" Sam said.

"Guys, Kurt was my soulmate" Blaine said, "We talked about  spending the rest of our lives together, we talked about retiring in Provincetown and buying a lighthouse and starting an artists colony."

"Okay, all of that" Valerie interrupted, using her free hand to make a gesture towards Blaine, "Is weird" She continued as Blaine looked semi offended, she then turned to write her name on the sign up sheet, "But if this Kurt guy meant that much to you, why'd you guys break up?"

"He cheated" Xander replied.

"Who? Kurt?" Valerie asked, but before anyone could correct her she continued talking, "I hate him already."

Upon saying that Blaine's head fell as he groaned, Valerie's comment making him feel worse than he already had. When she finished writing her name she looked back at the three boys. Blaine looked even more dejected, Sam was trying to look anywhere but at the three and Xander scratched his eyebrow awkwardly.

"What?" She questioned in a confused tone, "Did I say something?"

"Uh Kurt didn't cheat" Sam replied, slowly whilst looking between the three.