twenty one

fuck. fuck fuck fuck.

daniel only slept with one boy, and one boy only— corbyn. they haven't had sex in a while but he's been throwing up for sometime now, and he thought it was the alcohol.

alcohol.

"oh my god." he pressed his hand to his mouth, feeling tears well up in his eyes. if he hurt this baby from alcohol, he'll never forgive himself.

how would corbyn react to this? does he even want a child? does he even want to be with daniel? oh how this complicates everything.

how the hell would eddie react? if he told him that he was pregnant with corbyn's kid. he would actually leave corbyn out of it, just because it's the right thing to do.

his head was spinning. he's always wanted a kid, everyone says he's great with kids, but god, not right now. while they're on tour! they're always busy, always on the road.

"daniel? you've been in there for a while, you good?" corbyn knocked on the door gently. daniel looked up, and wiped his tears that fell.

"yeah! yeah, i'll be out in a minute." he said, cleaning up his mess. he flattened the box out and put it in his sweatpant pocket. he put the stick in his sweater pocket.

he washed his hands and face. after drying them off, he stepped out of the bathroom and went straight to the kitchen.

"my family is out for the day. so it's just us." he smiled, and handed him a bottle of water. he took it with a small smile, and sat on the bar stool.

"can i ask you a question?" he asked shakily.

"of course." corbyn replied.

"have you ever wanted a kid?" he leaned back in the chair and looked at corbyn. the older boy stared at him. of course he's wanted a kid.

"uh.. well, yeah. not anytime soon, but definitely sometime in the future." he nodded with a shrug. "why do you ask?"

"just wondering." he said, barely above a whisper. corbyn walked around the counter, and was now in front of daniel.

"what's wrong? you're crying." he pointed out, cupping his face in his hands.

daniel shook his head, and swiped his hands across his face to dry his face. "i don't know. i don't know, i'm always sad for no reason, it's annoying." he mumbled. he didn't even crack a smile when corbyn pulled him into a hug. his face was hidden by his neck, his arms stayed on his lap, while corbyn had his arms around his neck.

he felt himself get lifted up. corbyn carried him over to the couches, and set him down. corbyn sat down next to him and wrapped his arm around his broad shoulders.

daniel relaxed against him, and pulled his phone out.

eddie 🔆
when do you wanna meet up?

daniel bit his lip, and held back his sigh.

daniel
tomorrow? we couldn't hang out forever though cause i'm going to a blackpink concert with my friend

eddie 🔆
oh

eddie 🔆
who?

daniel
my friend bryana.

eddie 🔆
oh okay, where do you wanna meet?

daniel
the beach at noon?

eddie 🔆
okay:) i'm in la for a month or so, so we can hang for a while

daniel
yayyy :))

daniel set his phone down, missing the sad look in corbyn's eye. he shut his eyes, and wrapped his arms around his stomach.

•••

daniel left corbyn's bathroom after throwing up. daniel bumped into corbyn. he gasped, and blushed when corbyn held onto his waist to prevent him from falling.

"oh, i'm sorry." he mumbled, grasping his wrist.

"that's okay. you're leaving?"

daniel nodded his head. "yeah. better get back before my parents call the cops." he sighed, and squeezed his wrist. corbyn chuckled and nodded his head.

"i'll see you later then." he gently said, kissing his forehead. daniel held back his grin, and left his house.

daniel got in his car and drove down to his house. he pulled into his driveway, and parked his car. he got out and went into his house.

he quietly shut the door, and set his keys and wallet down on the small table by the door. he toed his shoes off and walked into the living room where anna was currently making out with a boy.

"and you call me a slut." he said with a scoff. he heard anna say something to him, probably some crude words, but he didn't listen.

he went over to the bar and was about to grab a bottle of whiskey when he stopped himself. his baby was already in danger for fetal alcohol syndrome, and he wasn't about to hurt his baby.

he would never forgive himself.

so he sighed and went to the fridge. he grabbed some apple juice, and went up to his room. he laid down on his bed, and touched his stomach.

"i know you can't hear me yet, peanut, but i'm gonna be there for you. even if.. even if your uncles aren't, even if your father isn't. even if your grandparents aren't. i'm gonna be there always."

•••

the next day, after his trip to the bathroom, he put his swim trunks on, and a shirt. he grabbed his phone and left his room. he got a towel from the cabinets by the bathroom in the hall, and went downstairs.

"where are you going?" jeff asked. daniel rolled his eyes.

"where do you think?" he said, grabbing a banana and peeling it open.

"probably gonna sleep around." anna mumbled under her breath.

"you're one to talk!" tyler snapped, glaring at her younger sister. his mouth full with pancakes. "you literally had two boys over yesterday. what'd you have a three-"

"enough." jeff sighed. daniel clenched his jaw, and threw out his unfinished banana.

"i'm leaving." he said suddenly, and left his family behind.

daniel grabbed his keys, and went out to his car.

the sand burned his feet as he walked close to the shore. once he was close enough to the water, he set his towel down and waited.

a few minutes later, someone tapped on his shoulder. he twisted his head around and smiled when eddie showed up with flowers in his hand.

"hey." he stood up and pulled eddie into a hug. "it's nice to see you!"

"these are for you." eddie said calmly, handing him the bouquet of flowers. his smile grew as he delicately took the flowers out of his hands.

he brought them up to his nose and sighed. "thank you. they're lovely."

eddie grinned and watched daniel set the flowers down on the towel. eddie grabbed his hand and tugged him over to the water. "come on." he beamed.

•••

[a/n]

...thoughts on eddie?

💛💛💛