Chapter 5: On The Run

Ben's POV

Tonight was the "Spy Assessment" Even though I had only been training with Erica for only 2 days i felt much more ready then i had with training with the teachers at Spy School over 3 years.

Erica thought it would be a good idea if we went out and trained just a bit more just to be sure. We arrived at the clearing I became so used to. Every time I was here I got excited. I never liked being lazy and I was always eager to learn.

I took my normal spot on the other side of the clearing. I got into the fight stance that I had been getting used to over the last few days.

"3..2..1..GO!" Erica shouted. I started advancing towards her. Or that's what I was going to do before I heard a twig snap behind me. I whipped around while it might have been nothing it was better to be safe than sorry. I could see eyes looking back at me from the bushes. I looked around and saw more eyes peeking from the bushes. I knew that I needed to play it cool so I started advancing towards Erica. When Erica was about to land a blow to my head. When I spoke.

"Stop! There are people stalking us," I whisper shouted. Erica didn't even look around.

"Yeah, I know I've been watching them for the past 5 minutes," She whispered.

"And you didn't tell me?!" I whisper shouted, again.

"Chill, we need to figure out how to get out of here then I'll explain," Erica said. I knew she was right and focused on the task at hand.

"Alright, the easiest way out is to head away from the school," She said. I was about to ask why when Erica continued. "There are 3 guys on the ground all around us the weakest point only has 2," She explained. She gestured towards the area she was talking about. I just nodded my head in response. "Alright, charge on my mark," Erica said. I nodded. "GO!" She yelled.

I ran right at the spot she was talking about Erica right behind me. I started in a fight of hand to hand combat with one of them while Erica took the other. I was able to take my guy out pretty fast. Erica was even faster though.

We both took off like a bullet towards the nearest cover. Bullets hit the floor next to us. I felt a bullet hit me in the arm. I cried out in pain but kept running. We dived behind the nearest cover which happened to be a large rock. Erica pulled me in a hug then quickly warped us both away.

I felt darkness start to consume me. "Stay with me Ben," I heard Erica say. I looked around are new surroundings. I saw trees all around us and I assumed we were in the forest. I saw the sides of my eyes start to go dark and with the last of my strength drained I fell unconscious.

Erica's POV

Ben has just fallen unconscious. As soon as Ben was fully unconscious I started on the bullet wound. I took out a pair of tweezers and gingerly pulled out the bullet in his arm. I worked fast wrapping his arm up with gauze. After I was finished I let out a breath I didn't know I was keeping.

I took in are surrounding and started to set up a small shelter. I gathered sticks and moss. I built a small but cozy place that we could stay at for the rest of are stay in these woods. I walked over to Ben picking him up and bringing him into the shelter I had made. I sighed. Now I just need to wait till he wakes up.

Alright so I'm sorry that it's short but I've been so busy lately. My sisters birthday came and it was go go go for about a week. My dad gets this week off so we're going camping. I won't be home for about 3 to 4 days so bare with me. When I get back I'll update a lot more.

Thanks to all those that have read my book commented and voted. Thanks for 330 views :)