Three

Around eight o' clock, the taxi driver dropped me off at the Café. I can see from the edge of the sidewalk, that the paint is peeling from the corner of the hazelnut brown framed windows. As I squinted to look closer, I saw that there was a huge crack on one of the windows. The sun was beaming down at the big sign that says Caramel Delight Café in curly penmanship.

Overall, it was a cute small café, Ben was waving at me from the window. I can see a glint of excitement in his eyes. After I finished waving at him I walked through the rustic looking doors. Uncomfortably, I walked to our table. Damn it! I should've worn my comfy sneakers instead of these damn heels. I sat down on the square cushion of the wooden chair and picked up the menu.

"So...since we are here, how about we can start our day accomplishing memories" I lowered the menu from my view to look up to not look rude.

"Alright but first I want to give you this" Ben pulled out a jar, lid painted with tiny gold stars scattered on every spot on the lid. Ben handed me the jar, fully grasping the jar and looking at all of the features that Ben put together.

"Did you made this, it looks amazing" The label had a lavender fragrance coming out from the jar. The jar smelled like one of those Bath & Body Works stores. The best thing is, it was labeled Ella's Daily Entries.

"And the best thing is" He takes out pieces of scrapbook paper with white space to write something on it. I was so shocked.

"Why...why are you doing this for me, I barely even know you and yet you wanted to spend your time with somebody who will be wiped out from this world that is pretty much fucked up" He looked at me for a moment and put his hand on my shoulder and said.

" Well, aren't the people in our lives are a little bit fucked up in our own ways?" I can surely agree on that, but I'm pretty sure that they are not this fucked up.

"Yeah I guess, so here is my bucket list" I took out my piece of paper that I wrote my bucket list ever since I found out about my diagnosis.

. See a Broadway show

. See the sunset on top of the Empire State Building

. Direct a film

. Find the perfect wedding dress

. Learn how to dance Salsa

. Go to a lantern festival

. Leave a inspirational message for someone

. Attend a Masquerade Ball

. Go to Paris

. Be an Inspiration

___________________________________________________________________________________

After getting our drinks from the café, we went out to accomplish the first thing in my bucket list... See a Broadway show. We decided to take a stroll along the streets of Time Square to think about what show I wanted to see.

"How long have you wanted to see a Broadway show?"

"As long as I can remember" After a long, awkward pause he finally blurted something out

"What genre do you like?"

"Well... I like musicals" I stammered quietly. We arrived at the Broadway theater, I saw on the theater walls that there was a list of shows that are showing today. The list contained

. The Lion King

. The Book of Mormon

. Wicked

. The Phantom of the Opera

. Matilda

. Kinky Boots

. Les Miserables

. Chicago

. If/Then

. Beautiful; The Carol King Musical

. Cabaret

. Mamma Mia

. Jersey Boys

. The Gentleman's Guide To Love and Murder

"Okay which one do you want to see before your death"

"Oh my god I have never seen so many Broadway shows and I have never seen any of these shows"

"Well which show do you want to watch?"

"Umm.... Maybe this one" I said as I pointed to the poster that said The Phantom of the Opera on the bottom and had a black background with a white mask.

"Huh... The Phantom of the Opera I heard it is a great musical from a few of my friends"

" I heard it is one of the longest running shows so I think it is definitely worth it to see" We looked at the bottom of the poster where it said the time slot for today.

"Perfect timing! Let's get our tickets for the show"

We headed for the ticket booth where we asked the man for tickets to The Phantom of the Opera. The man gave us the price of seventy-eight dollars for two tickets. I was scouring for my wallet in my purse but Ben suddenly slapped down eighty dollars on the counter. I gave him a puzzled look. He didn't seem to notice me.

"Keep the change" He said to the man at the ticket booth. We walked into the theatre.

"Why did you pay for me?" I finally asked.

"It's my treat and a special girl like you shouldn't have to pay"

We went inside of the auditorium to grab our seats. Everyone in the auditorium begin to exchange small conversations. Ben took a glance at me in astonishment of me anticipating for the show to start. Suddenly the lights dim, everyone's small conversations grew smaller and the spotlight shines on the stage for the show to start.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm so sorry about the long wait, I had a lot going on for the past 3 months but I have thought a lot for this chapter. So I decided to make it up to you guys by posting this chapter today. I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter.