Chapter 1: Wow

I have to say that my absolute favorite thing in the world is sitting in my favorite coffee shop with an iced caffe mocha, my favorite book of the week, and my comfy seat by the window. I could sit there for hours if I wanted to. 

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon and outside, rain pelted the sidewalks and the streets. Cars drove cautiously by, wiper blades on the highest setting. Rain to me was so peaceful. It was like Mother Nature wiping away all the grime and sadness, preparing us for a new, clean day. I glanced outside watching all the people run to their destinations to avoid getting wet. 

I turned my attention back to my book, rubbing the pages between my fingers. The book I was currently reading was some dumb romance novel but somehow caught my interest enough that I'm still reading it. 

The bell to the coffee shop door rang and I heard footsteps rush in. A squeaky sound from their shoes snapped me from my daze and I looked up. A rush of gold slipped by me and I felt my breath hitch in my throat. A soft voice rang into my ears and sent shivers down my spine. 

I blinked. 

Once.

Twice.

Three times.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There was a goddess standing at the counter. I swear of it. Golden locks ran down her small back, barely touching the top of her jeans. A red rain coat drenched in water hugged her small frame. She was petite but proportional.

I needed to see a face. I let my eyes continue to linger over her as she talked with the barista about her order. God that voice. How soft...and soothing. It felt like years before she finally turned around and I got to see her features. She looked like an angel. Plump, pink lips parted letting out a sigh of relief. Light freckles dotted the bridge of her nose and rosy red cheeks stood prominent against high cheek bones. I let my eyes continue to wander until I was met with emerald green eyes. I took in a sharp breath of air, feeling it burn in my throat.

She caught me looking at her. 

Fuck. What do I do?!

I quickly looked away, adverting my gaze and pretending to focus on my book. My leg began to shake as it always did when I became nervous or anxious.

God damn that stupid anxiety.

An aura so warm began to surround me and I felt my body relax, my shoulders dropping and my leg seising to shake.  I let out a sigh but was quickly interrupted before I could take in more of the warmth.

"Excuse me?" I froze. Her voice. My god. I actually can't breathe. I managed to pull my eyes from my book and peer up at her, a soft smile on her face. That smile is breaking my heart but in the best way possible. "Is that 'Only 30 Days' by Tessa Clark? I just finished reading that book and it was so amazing. You don't seem like the guy to read a romance novel?"

Speak dammit. Open your mouth and answer her. Just don't say anything dumb.

"Y-yeah. It is. It's pretty good so far. And yeah I know. I don't really read them that much." I gave her a soft smile and she let out a giggle. Music to my fucking ears.

"Well you will enjoy that one for sure. Try some of her other books if you like that one."

As I was about to speak again I was cut off by the barista yelling her name.

"Athena! Your iced caffe mocha!" 

Athena.

Athena...

She was even named after a goddess. It fit her perfectly.

And she liked the same coffee as me.

She turned her head and gave the barista a smile. "Well I hope you enjoy it! I won't spoil the ending for you." She sent me a wink before walking up to the counter and grabbing her drink, stuffing a straw into the lid. She sipped it, closing her eyes and humming in content at how good it was. Her lashes were long my god. One bat of those lashes and I would be on my knees. She gave me a wave before checking the time on her watch and rushing out the door.

The beautiful stranger to never be seen again.

-------------------

Hey guys! First chapter is kinda short I know but I had to introduce it somehow. Don't worry Archie will see his beautiful stranger again ;) I hope you guys enjoyed. More to come I promise!