Chapter 6: Mikaelson History

N I K L A U S M I K A E L S O N
New Orleans- The Compound
March 11, 2014 , Tuesday

I kept thinking about what had happened yesterday and it didn't turn out so well. I didn't know Chaylynn would even be here since she never came so early over to the compound. It must have been terrifying to see someone covered in blood. And I knew she probably felt betrayed. We have been getting closer everyday and to find out someone you have been trusting was a monster. I wasn't the type to go after a girl but the big bad wolf felt some type of way for her. I might not trust anyone else or get close with them to talk but Chaylynn I could talk to forever. I walked over to her front door and knocked. This would be my first time coming here. I always felt like it would have been safer for her if I didn't come into her place but right now I had to make things right.

Hannah opened the door and frowned, "And you are here because? You made Chaylynn upset and she won't even talk to us."

"I need to see her Hannah," I said rolling my eyes, "Have to make this right."

She signed and walked away. I heard her tell Chaylynn I was here and she walked to the door.

"What do you want Niklaus?" She asked.

"To talk," I said.

She stood there for a second and left the door. Few minutes later she came back with a jacket on and grabbed her keys.

"You guys I'll be back, my car keys are on the counter if you want to go somewhere," she said.

"Be careful," Tierra yelled.

She blew them a kiss and Chaylynn closed the door and we walked silently to my Range Rover and I opened the door for her and she got in. I got in afterwards and I drove off down the road and 30 minutes later I stop beside the road and got out. She didn't question anything and got out following me. There was a picnic table by the lake and we sat down opposite from one another.

"How are you feeling right now?" I asked.

"Hurt," She said.

Her eyes showed it all. I signed and lick my lips looking down at my hands.

"It was for your own good Chaylynn, I know right now you're upset, and it's gonna take some time to get use to this and time to trust all of us again, but I'm not gonna apologize," I said, "I tried to keep you safe and I can't help what I am."

"How did you become this?" She asked.

"My mother had an affair with a wolf back in the 10th century and...."

"Oh my god!" She said shocked, "That was centuries ago, are you like a thousand something?"

"Yes I am , I was born a wolf but my mother Esther turned us into vampires also," I said, "It made me the original hybrid, and they call my whole family the original vampires and of course witches, my mother is a witch and Freya is a witch."

"Kol, the one I didn't meet?"

"He's a vampire," I said, "And that's why we are this today because of my mother."

"What about Marcel?"

"Marcel is like a son to me, he asked me to turn him into a vampire in the 1800s," I said.

"Obviously I want to know more but I know you can't tell Years of history in a day," she said, "I'm mad but I'm mad only because you lied, I don't care what you are but I really like you Klaus and I haven't felt this way about anyone, I wouldn't rat you guys out to "us" humans."

"Well, this whole time i was honest with you about everything except who I was, I didn't want you to know that side of me," he said.

She nodded. We talked for a few more hours and got back into the car and headed back to the compound.