18

AN-This is probably my favorite chapter

Narrator,

"Okay baby, remember I told you Alex is not just a boy who warm up to people fast." Normani told Dinah.

"Yeah, how many times you gon tell me this. I ain't scared of no kid." And that was true , Dinah has dealt with more than bad ass kids.

They were on FaceTime and Normani was "preparing" her for her son. He knows that he can be a handful.

"Okay. I'm just say-" Dinah cut her off.

"Balm down, you tripping more than me." Dinah said with a light smirk on her face.

"Also, don't talk like that around them." Normani said as she clapped her hands together .

"Like what?" Dinah asked as she fixed her Rolex.

"Your gang slang baby. 'Balm down' say calm down." Normani said and Dinah chuckled.

"Absolutely not, I ain't doin that I'm blood all day-" Normani cut her off.

"Fine. Shhh. Just don't say stuff with C's please." Normani said and Dinah nodded.

"Yeah, that's cool whatever." Dinah was just tryna get this over with, this was long overdue and Normani was at this point was just stalling.

"Okay, don't forget five o'clock." Dinah nodded and ended the call. Before Normani could put the key in her door, it swung open, by non other than the star of the night.

 Before Normani could put the key in her door, it swung open, by non other than the star of the night

"Wassup Ma. You brought some food back?" He asked and before Normani could answer her sister voice rang out.

"Boy what the hell, did I tell you about answering the door! Move!" His aunt Keke yelled.

Keke moved him with her hand before mumbling, "bad ass." She looked at Normani and rolled her eyes.

"You're late." She says and Normani scoffs.

"Mhm, move. How were they?" Normani asked as she entered the house. She was so used to her sister and her antics.

"That boy there, need a ass whoopin." Normani laughed lightly and put her keys on the counter.

"And Amelia ?"

"An angel as usual." Keke said and sighed dramatically. She quickly came back to as Normani start to walk away.

"Oh Mani. I'm staying over because I heard you was cooking tonight and ain't shit at my house to eat." Keke said as she followed Normani into the kitchen.

"I don't care long as you help, prepare it." Mani said as she started getting out the pots and pans to cook.

"Well would you look at the time, I gotta-" Keke tried to make up an excuse, but her sister stopped her.