Authors note

She's baaaack

Ok, I know at this point theres a meme about wattpad writers doing this, but honestly, Things have been a bit hard for me over the past few years that I've taken this fic down.

If you are returning after all this time, welcome back, it's nice to see you again, and if you are new here, welcome, I'm happy to have you.

yeah, so due to certain unforeseen international events including but not limited to, a pandemic, J.K. Rowling coming out as a full on TERF, a close family friend dying, and being diagnosed with Borderline clinical depression, threats of loosing my job due to lack of budget and my own safety, online harassment from fellow writers, and just a mountain of other things, I stopped writing and found it unfair to leave an unfinished fic up, so I took it down and chose to leave wattpad for a while. Over time I moved to AO3 and because of Good Omen's slowly fading as a relic of a better time, I lost interest and moved on to other shows and movies that captured my interest. The Mandalorian, Crimson Peek, and almost completely by random sense I don't consider my self a Marvel Fan at all, Loki.

Of coarse as many of you probably know by now, there will be a new season of Good Omens, and I got to thinking about this fic. And I thought maybe I should strike the Iron while it's hot and finish this fic I started on a trip to Seattle two years ago now.

I want to thank everyone who is coming back to this fic after all this time, and everyone who is new here for sharing in this new journey in this new new normal.

In terms of J.K. Rowling, I can't take back anything she said or make it better. If I could rewrite the books, I probably would. Harry Potter meant the world to me as a child and finding out how dark these books really are makes me want to puke. The world I am playing in will always be her world, and unfortunately her world is full of racism and bigotry. I will be leaving the parts of her books that were openly offensive at the door, and I know ignoring the problem won't make it go away, but I hope that it can make this world a bit more palatable and a safe space for freaks like us again.

There is plenty of debate of continuing to support Harry Potter, but not J.K. and if that's something we can actually do (I'm of the opinion that it's not). I personally believe that because a Wattpad fan fiction does nothing to support her directly, then I seems fair game to me.

further more, if you're like me and enjoy reading to music, there is a Basements Botany and books playlist on spotify. Feel free to suggest songs you think should be on there.

Everything after this is just a bit of house keeping rules. please be kind. Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia (this one especially) will not be tolerated in the comments, and I will not hesitate to block you. I'm open to constructive criticism. I'll cry like a baby before I respond, but I'm open to it.

And yeah.

So, with out further Adu, we return to Basements, Botany, and Books,

a Good Omens Hogwarts AU