Fire

Elf Vocabulary- Manus: A special ability that gives the elf an extra pair of hands on their back. These hands contain their elemental magic but stronger and it's a rare ability, only 1 out or 10,000 elves will actually get it.

Log 1825:

Today, I plan on completely the tenth house! It's been a long five years but it'll be worth it. It's been a while since I've seen anyone but I can make it through this! These logs are a little pointless but they keep me sane.

The girl looked at her writing and sighed. She shut the book and put it on top of the others. "Alright Riniya.. back to work." The elf stretched her arms out before going to her door, climbing down the tree and landing on the ground.

The forest really healed, it was once again lush and green but there were a few burned parts still. Riniya walked over to her small box full of tools, crouched down and rummaged through it. "I need the hammer.." She mumbled and continued to search.

"Well.. this is quite the surprise."

Riniya froze, that voice didn't sound very friendly.

"Hey girl, turn around for me?"

The girl held the hammer tightly in her hand and stood up slowly. "What do y-"

"Hey! I didn't say you could talk."

Riniya growled and turned around as originally instructed.

'A fire elf..'

"Wow, you're actually kinda pretty." The elf chuckled. "Some face paint wouldn't hurt though."

"Look.. how about you forget you ever saw me."

"I don't take orders from a forest elf. I am Rydel, pupil to King Igne-deo and I expect the up most respect." He put simply. "What's your name?"

".. Riniya Yeslar, pleasure to meet you." The girl had to think of something, she needed to kill this fire elf. It was been a while since she fought against anyone but this was a life or death situation.

"Okay, I'm tired of this chit chat so s-"

Riniya broke her frozen stance and charged at Rydel. The fire elf was a little surprised but still fast to react, once she was close enough, his Manus grabbed her and tossed her into a tree.

The girl hit the tree and groaned in pain but she wasn't going to give up. Riniya forced herself to move and charged again but Rydel still knew how to react. The fire elf casually cleaned his nails as his Manus grabbed the girl again but this time, he started to tighten his grip.

"L-Let me go!" She couldn't die like this, she survived too much to have such a simple death! Riniya struggled, she could feel her skin start to burn and thought this was it. Until..

"Let her go!" The fire elf was suddenly kicked down and his Manus let go of the girl.

"What the negoal?!" The fire elf received punch after punch from the one on top of him until his vision got blurry.

"Why would you hurt someone so innocent?!" The one shouted.

Riniya looked over and never seen such violence, it made her heart sting and it didn't feel right. "St-Stop it!" The girl got up and quickly pushed the one off of Rydel.

"Let me finish this." The person tried to stand up but Riniya kept him down.

"Who are you..?"

The person tried to keep their hood covering their face but the red head forced it off. "..Saelion?"

The man looked at the girl in shame, he was about to respond when he noticed the real enemy standing up. He gasped, reached for the dagger on his boot then threw it at the elf.