~ Chapter 2 ~

Unbreak the broken
Unsay these spoken words
Find hope in the hopeless
Pull me out of the train wreck
Unburn the ashes
Unchain the reactions, I'm not ready to die, not yet
Pull me out the train wreck
Pull me out, pull me out, pull me out

                                             Trainwreck ~ James Arthur

I stand with Lydia, Kira and Malia at the crime scene as Scott and Stiles show up. It was a mess, badly mutilated bodies were getting carried out of the van. I try to ignore the strong metallic stench but it only seems to get stronger, making my nose twitch. So much for giving driving lessons. 

As I finish giving my statement, Scott walks up with a walkie-talkie. "Let's go."

I fall in to step with him, "Do you really think some normal teenager is capable of that?"

"I don't know. But we have to find him before he hurts somebody else." He says and we both speed up.

Jumping over a wall, I continue following Scott because he had Donovan's scent. We make our way into an abandoned warehouse, and glance around curiously. It's quiet, too quiet. I pick up a foreign scent, and I look around. Someone is here.

Walking ahead of Scott, I try to trace the location of the smell but nothing. It seems as if it's all around us. Straining my ears, I finally hear the thump of a heartbeat. It was low, but fast at the same time. The air reeks of fear, but I can't pinpoint the exact location especially because the smells in the warehouse were jumbling up with it. I'm about to tell Scott to split up and cover more ground when a clinking of chains comes from behind us. 

Donovan jumps at Scott who dodges his attack with ease, throwing him to the ground. The boy seems terrified, as his body shakes vehemently, pure terror reflecting from his eyes. Scott and I share a glance at this as we corner him, leaving no room for escape. He has traces of blood, and some of it doesn't even look like his. He keeps trembling, wrapping his arms around his body. 

But before either of us can say anything, Donovan speaks, in a terrified voice, "I didn't do this. Tracey did this....Tracey." He keeps repeating 'Tracey' as he backs into the corner, abandoning the chains, gently rocking his body. 

"It wasn't me. It was Tracey."

The next day, we all stand outside school in the parking lot, next to Stiles' jeep.

"Tracey wasn't just having trouble sleeping," Lydia explains, "It was a real disorder. It was night terrors."

I lean my elbows on the hood of the jeep, failing to focus on what they were talking about. Staying out the whole night looking for Tracey had resulted in me not getting enough sleep which, in turn, resulted in me wanting to curl up on the hood. Even now, I strained my ears, trying to stay in the loop.

"And now she's the night terror," Stiles adds, "Especially since now, no one can find her."

"Okay," Scott speaks up, looking at us, "I know we're all tired and miserable......"

"Really tired and miserable." I add, running a hand through my air. Scott looks at Mason who stands, looking at all of us like a kid in a candy store.

"Except for you."

That returns Mason to earth, "Oh, I'm sorry. This is all just mind-blowing." He points at Kira, "You're a kitsune. I don't even know what that is."

Kira shrugs, "I'm still learning."

"Liam, we said you could tell him not invite him to the inner circle," Stiles says making Liam squirm.