ch 1

stevie's pov

I looked into the mirror, applying my mascara thickly onto my eyelashes. 'Voodoo Doll' by 5 Seconds of Summer blared in the background. My clothes were currently on my bed and I was wearing only a long t-shirt, due to me just waking up an hour ago.

Today I was going out with my friend Nova for lunch and then my parents are having some people over for dinner and I'm being forced to attend. They also said I could bring a boy if I wanted, but we all know that won't possibly happen. I haven't been interested in someone since my freshmen year in highschool.

flashback (third person pov)

Stevie was sat in the back corner of History, where she always sat. She was copying down notes relevant to the topic that her teacher Mr. Sulliman was droning on about. She was always doing good in school, even if she didn't look like someone who cared about education.

Mr. Sulliman passed out a sheet of paper with a graphic organizer on it and assigned it for homework due the next day. Stevie looked up at the clock and saw that she had about seven minutes of class left so she'd just start the assignment when she got home. After packing her things away, she scanned the class, her eyes landing on the gorgeous face of Liam, the school's football quarterback.

Whenever she had time left at the end of history, she'd always ogle over him. She knew it was creepy but that was the closest she'd ever get to him. She's had a crush on him since 4th grade but yet he never even looked in her direction. It's not like she could get his attention, not only was he too popular for people of her social group to even breathe the same air as him but Stevie was horrible at talking to people in general.

She wished she could somehow get his attention but there was no use, it wouldn't happen. The bell rang and she got up fro her seat, hurrying down the aisle and trying to get out into the main hallway to avoid the big mass of students. Halfway down the aisle, she tripped over something and fell flat on her face.

"Shit," she mumbled and stood up, picking up her folders when she felt a hand brush hers. She looked up to see Liam gathering up the rest of her supplies and she stood there awestruck. He looked up at her and flashed that beautiful grin of his, handing her her belongings. "Hey. Sorry about that. I left my book-bag in the aisle," he said. "I-i-it's c-cool," she stuttered and blushed furiously. Not noticing, Liam flung his bag onto his shoulder. He went to say something but then his eyebrows shot up and he decided against it. "Yeah, well.. I should go... Bye then," he rushed and then walked towards the classroom door.

Oh no! This was her chance for Liam and her to finally talk and she was blowing it. Right before he left the room she called, "Liam, wait!" he poked his head back through the door and raised his eyebrow at her in question, "What is it?" he asked. "Uh.. my name's Stevie, by the way," she said and watched him closely. "Yeah," he replied, "You're the creepy girl in the back of the class that always stares at me like a love-sick puppy. You should probably stop doing that, it kind of freaks me out," he said and then walked back into the hallway.

Tears streamed down her face at what he just said to her and she was completely broken. She thought he was so nice, so perfect. Apparently not.

end of flashback

stevie's pov

With the 1975 blasting in my ears, I sat in Nova's car, on our way to wherever she was talking me. I pull one headphone out of my ear and turn to look at her, "Hey Nov, where exactly are we going?" I ask. She stops at a red light and looks over at me, "We're going to that town with the 293294834 restaurants in it and then we can both order food wherever," she replies and turns her attention back to the road.

--

We just left Taco Bell where Nova ordered and now we were looking for some place for me to eat. I just had TB for lunch so I wanted to have something different, otherwise I would have ordered there too.

Up ahead, I see a small brown, vintage-looking, building with two tables with two stools each next to them. "Ohmygosh!" I exclaim, "It's a coffee shop!" I take Nova's arm and pull her towards it with me. "But Stevie I hate coffee!" she grips the side of the building. "Don't make me go in there!" I roll my eyes and pry her from the ledge. "Really, Nova. No need to be so dramatic. I'll just go into the warm, safe coffee shop and you can stay out here in the cold with all of the robbers and pedophiles. Toodles!" I say and then walk into the shop.

A few seconds later, Nova joins me and we get into line between the two people already there and waiting to order. I snicker at Nova as she looks out of the building, terrified. "Oh Nova, I was only joking." I ruffle her hair and chuckle. She pouts and turns her back to me. I roll my eyes and move up in line surveying the inside of the cafe. "It's beautiful," I mumble. "So are you," a thick autralian voice says from behind the counter. My head shoots up, immediately recognizing the voice, and my eyes almost fall out of my head. "Fuck," I whisper, "You're Michael Clifford."

ϟ

new storyyyyyyy. i hope you enjoyed it. if you did, please vote, comment, and add it to your library.

this book is based off of the song 'Cold Coffee' by Ed Sheeran and i am super excited for this. the song is linked to the side if you want to have a listen.

picture of Andrea Russett as Stevie to the side.

ily xx unique (-;