Simple

A song fic for y'all

~~

SIMPLE, Seventeen

~I’m standing on the last road for today
It’s like this every day
In this big world
I know I’m like a particle of dust
Nothing is easy
In this exit-less, maze-like world ~

Seokmin sighed for the nth time tonight as he was driving on his way home. He was exhausted. The paperworks today got him so drained up like they do everyday. It's a routine he has to go through everyday before he goes home to his sunshine. The one who makes him happy. His piece of tranquility in this chaotic world. His Soonyoung.

~Everything that makes me breathe
I want it to be simple
Until it goes far far away
Until I can’t see
I call you baby yeah
Baby’s called my happiness yeah
Yeah I just want it simple simple
I want it simple ~

The nearer he got to their house, the farther the chaotic world becomes. The streets got less busy, the city lights not that blinding anymore, the noise fading away, and the more at ease he becomes. A few more blocks away and he's home. Just upon seeing the gate of their house, he already forgot all his stress. He opened the gates, parked his car inside and stepped out of the car with the wildest smile he's ever had that day. He entered their house and he can hear Soonyoung talking with someone on the phone. He loosened his necktie and dropped his bag somewhere. He went to where he can hear Soonyoung was - in their kitchen.

"Yes, a box of pizza and chicken"

Oh, so Soonyoung was ordering dinner, he thought. He continued walking an when he reached their kitchen, he was surprised with what he saw. There were vegetables on the table, some of which were cut, while others weren't. His blue apron lying on a chair with what seems to be some sauce on the middle. His pot almost burnt. He was still observing their kitchen when he was hugged by Soonyoung.

"Seokku, I missed you"

He hugged back tightly and kissed Soonyoung's head. The kitchen tho, still not forgotten.

"I missed you so much, Soonie.. but baby, what happened to our kitchen?"

"oops, why don't we watch some movie while waiting for our dinner? kaja, Seokku"

Before he can even utter a reply, he was already being dragged to their sofa. Soonyoung played a movie which Seokmin doesn't even know the title of and went beside Seokmin to cuddle with him.

Seokmin can't help but smile and think that yes, this is how he simply wants it. This is what makes a tiring day worthy to go on through. This is what is gonna make him smile like a fool. This is what makes him happy. He wants it simple, even with a messy kitchen and all.

~

ss; Hi!! It's been a while uwu