Chapter 2

Elise Evans

I look at myself one last time in the mirror, taking into account every angle, and decide I look great. It's a decent blue dress, with a simple design. Before picking this outfit, I had tried on 6 others. Now my room's a mess, ugh.

I look one more time in the mirror and make my way out.

Mom is lightly snoring on the sofa, she always sleeps after she eats lunch. I stroke her hair, tell her I love her and step out of the apartment. Closing the door behind me I check my phone, and see a message from Madame Descoteaux.

Madame Descoteaux: Our driver Louis, will pick you up at your home. He should be there by 2:10, in a black Escalade. License plate 070-E40. See you soon dear!

I look down at the time, 2:13, perfect just on time. Outside there's a black Escalade with a man wearing shades. I look to the driver and he rolls down the window, he turn his head to me, and i'm waiting for some reassurance that it's the person Madame Descoteaux told me about. I look to the front of the car, the license plate is right, then I look back up at him. He reaches into his jacket and pulls out an ID, Louis Descoteaux, so he's her son.

I nod my head and get into the rear and say thankyou. He nods his head and does this weird sound, something like a growl. At this point, I don't expect anything else from men.

I sit quietly throughout the whole ride and look at my surroundings as we go down 5th Avenue.

The car comes to complete stop in front of a tall glass building. I look at Louis, "Here?" I point to the building and he nods yes. I say thankyou again and make my way towards the building.

Wait a second, this is Swayze Enterprises Headquarters. Why am I here?

Oliver Swayze is very well known in the business world, the guy's a genius. But the biggest question, why here?

Nevertheless, I make my way into the building. When I walk inside, the blonde receptionist squints and then looks down at her paper. She walks over to me, "Ms. Evans?" she asks.

"Yes, that would be me. I'm here to see someone by the name of Madame Descoteaux, but I think I've got the wrong address." I say firmly.

"My name is Claribel, you are in the right place. The Swayze family is expecting you, will you follow me." I did as she said and walked behind her. She stops in front of a metal detector and gestures for me to go through. I put my purse on the table for them to search and go through the metal detector.

"Now let's go to the elevator. This is the private elevator that goes up to the Swayze residence on the 42nd floor. You are not to tell anyone of this, because Mr.Swayze wants his children and wife to live peacefully. You may enter." I go inside and there's only three buttons. Ground, 41st, and 42nd. I press the 42nd, and the receptionist waves at me. "Goodluck!"

I wait and start getting a bit nervous, What will they think of me? Did I dress right? What will these kids be like? I hope everything goes well.

The elevator dings and the doors opens, revealing a middle aged woman. She has ginger colored hair and looks very elegant. She looks at me from head to toes and smiles.

 She looks at me from head to toes and smiles

"Ms. Evans, Good afternoon, my name is Lucille Descoteaux," I kinda figured, "but you may refer to me as Madame. You will be meeting the Swayze family today, you look stunning, how are you feeling today?"

I tried to assimilate what she was telling me, The Swayze Family!!??, why is this downing on me just now.Wow, just wow.

"Thankyou, i'm actually feeling great, this job will do me great help. Thank you for giving me this opportunity." I look at my surrounding and this place looks like something out of a movie.

"You should be thanking Helena, she suggested that I hire you, she speaks very highly of you

"You should be thanking Helena, she suggested that I hire you, she speaks very highly of you. Helena and I have been close friends since we were young girls." I look at her in disbelief, and she lets out a small laugh. Wow, Helena was my dance teacher when I was a younger, and now she's the director of the ballet, of course she would know high end, fancy people like the Madame.

"I'll make sure to thank her the next time I go." she nods and leads me to the living room.

There's a boy and a girl playing piano for their mother who is singing along to what they're playing. How beautiful. Madame and I stand there in silence and watch them until they finished. When they do the woman looks up to me and smiles.

"Come here dear, sit." she says patting the space next to her. I did as she said and gave her all my attention.

"Hi, my name is Rosalie, these are my children Colin and Colette." They both looked at me and say 'Hello' in unison.

"Very well down to business." Madame said sternly and we all gave out attention to her. "My husband has fractured a bone and he needs to be taken care of and there's no one better to take care of him than me. I will be gone for a period of 3 or 4 months. For that reason we have brought Elise, who is taking over for me. She is young, full of life, and a very smart young woman, she will certainly do an amazing job."

I smile at her and the children, who are whispering in each other's ears.

"She will be with you children from Monday afternoon to Friday morning, because your parents spend the weekends with you. In any case, you're parents are away for the weekend, we will contact Ms. Evans to see if she is available. If in any case Ms. Evans cannot, I will try my best to be here. Ms. Evans, your basic responsibilities are to watch over them, make sure they follow their schedules, and the rest is on the contract. But most importantly, set a good example for the children, assist the children academically and emotionally, and build a friendship with them."

She picked up the folder and handed it to me.

"Thank you Madame, when do I start?" She looks over to Rosalie who smirks at Madame.

" Right this instant, get to know the children,have them show you to your room," Wait what, my room? " Mrs.Swayze and I are going shopping, see you in a few. And oh, the older brother of the children will be stopping by, tata!" Before I could say anything she was inside the elevator with Rosalie.

I look back at the children who are talking to each other in what seem to be French. When they notice me confused, they stop and look at me. The boy speaks first. . .