♣-Chapter seven: Porcelain skin-♣

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                     The cockroaches in the wall 

            wait patiently for the moment they can eat your flesh

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The smell of rotten wood and chlorin filled her nostrills, as she slowly opened her eyes and stared at a white ceiling

The smell of rotten wood and chlorin filled her nostrills, as she slowly opened her eyes and stared at a white ceiling. She crinkled her nose and sat up with a groan caused by the throbbing pain in her skull.

"...mommy..?"  she spoke in a shaky voice.

Oh, how did she wished to wake up in her room.

The room was filled with nothing then an old hospital bed and a wooden dresser with a missing drawer.  The moldy wallpaper started to crumble of the walls and bugs hid in the rather dark corners of the room. Little Alice got up from the bed,her little black shoes touched the floor and with a tip tap she headed to the metall door wich seemed to be the only exit. Turning the doorknob the door opened with a quiet creak which echoed trough the hallway that's been waiting behind it.

Besides old hospital beds and papers there was nothing in the long hallway to see, so Alice stepped out of her room and followed the faded arrows on the floor. The silent gave her shivers down her neck and the dark hallways goosebumps, every corner looked as if any moment something horrific could crawl out of them, something even more frightening then anything else she saw before, but there was nothing, only the flickering from the broken neon signs corrupt the endless seeming silence and the illuminating moths are dancing like ghostly figures around the dim lights.

She passed by a heavy looking door as a whimper brushed her ear. Is someone there? Maybe they need help, she thought but only by looking at the door, Alice knew that it was too heavy for her to open, but a little window was build in the top of the door, still out of reach for our little Alice though, so she collected some of the scattered papers on the floor and made a stack. Woobling and shaky she balanced on the pile of papers and glanced trough the milky and scratched up glass.

It was dark, but she could see the silhoutte of a girl in one of the corners of the room. She whimpered, Alice felt bad for her, maybe she was hurt and maybe she got trapped here too. She reached for the doorknob and tried to turn it, but before the knob turned all the way, she froze. The girl looked up with a face like a broken doll, the skin disfigured, scars all around her mouth and cheeks, missing skin as if it fell off like porcelain, a monster. She stood up and walked over, glancing trough the glass with souless eyes like a doll.

"Le...Let me out...Let me out!!"  she slammed her head against the glass.

Alice clenches onto the doorknob, she wants her to stay there. The girl continues to slam against the glass which started to form small cracks, bit by bit.

"Please...let me go...o.." She begged desperately as black liquid slowly started to drip from her forehead.

Alice took a step back, forgetting that she stood on the stack of papers and fell on the ground. Hurting and freightend she shakely got back up and starts to run further trough the hallway, tripping and  stumbling. The thumping of her heart mixes in with the distant bumping of the door.

"Everyone is mad here, they're all monsters!"  Alice yelled.

Panting and out of breath, her wobbly legs carry her as far as they can, until cold slim fingers cover her rosy lips and pull her into one of the dark corners of the hallway. She struggled and kicked, but they wouldn't budge, until she bit into the strangers hand.

"...Ouch!!"  they yelpped and held her tighter "Stop making so much noise you brat, you already got us both in trouble"...

Ouch!!"  they yelpped and held her tighter "Stop making so much noise you brat, you already got us both in trouble"