🏖🗽beach day

Summer is finally here.

You've been tirelessly working with the cast of Beetlejuice Broadway for what feels like an eternity now.

The auditioning, casting and rehearsals all become worth it once you feel that hot stage light on your face.

You're in the ensemble predominantly but you've also been understudying Sophia in the role of Lydia for the past month because her last understudy got carried off sick.

Today the world has different plans.

Instead of the usual show, today the whole cast has been invited to the beach.

"We're having a day in Long Beach, baby!" Adam yelled from the front of the bus.

From the doors of the theatre Alex (the director) hustled everyone onto the bus quickly. It's rare to get a full day off like this so the most had to be made of it.

Throwing your backpack onto a seat you shuffled in as fast as you could so the cast could get going, but no matter how fast you got on the bus there would always be one obstructing force.
Alex Brightman. Alex was nowhere to be seen for a good ten minutes before he came barrelling down the street clutching a huge bag of sandwiches from 'MeltShop' around the block.

"Guess who has grilled cheese!" He beamed stuffing the large bag on the opposing seat to his own. "I brought enough for everyone, who's hungry?" He began passing the giant sandwiches down the bus as we set off down Broadway.

As the bus sped off through the city you leant against the window listening to music. You almost dozed off until a friendly face offered you a sandwich from Alex's mystery bag. It was Sophia. She and yourself had become reasonably well aquatinted over the past month after she jokingly hoped you 'weren't the jealous understudy' unlike the last one.

"Hey! Are you hungry? Alex bought so many sandwiches it's unreal. You could feed half of Manhattan" she let out a laugh.
It was so pleasant to see Sophia out of character, when she plays Lydia she becomes completely engrossed it's amazing.
You accept a sandwich and eat whilst continuing a pleasant conversation with Sophia for a considerable amount of the journey until you hear an unmistakable sound of...

"DEYYYYY-O" coming from further up the bus.

Everyone goes silent.

"ME SAY ME SAY ME SAY DEEEYOOO-"

It is unmistakably Leslie.
With no hesitation, Adam joins in,

"Work all night on a drink of rum" ~

The cast performs the acapella backing and the song continues through, including the voiced lines from the likes of Kerry and Sophia.

After that, the group had just enough time to do 'Jump in the Line' before the bus pulled up to the Beach.

Everyone darted off the bus and into the sand as soon as humanly possible, yourself included. Throwing your towel and backpack down you slipped off into your swimsuit and soaked up the 90° weather. There was a slight breeze from the wind coming off the water but it was pleasant to relax. Once again you were going to just pop your headphones in and keep to yourself but Kerry has other plans for the group.

"Ok, everyone! I think some Beetlejuice beach games are in order!" She expressed excitedly, pulling a pack of cards out from her bag. "With the help of Alex, our tireless director, we have made a Beetlejuice beach scavenger hunt!"