Chapter 1

"Lina! Over here!" I heard Nathan, my foster brother call.

A smile spreads across my face as I see my foster family again after two years of being in Germany.

I ran towards Nathan first. As I approached him, I jumped into his arms laughing.

"I've missed you so much!" I said, my head digging into the crook of his neck.

He spinned me around in circles, making me laugh even harder.

"I've missed you too." Nathan said as he put me down.

I gave him another hug before hugging Ellen.

"Ellen! I've missed you!" I said to my foster mom, Ellen.

"I've missed you even more, Lina! How was Germany?" She said setting me free from her tight grip.

"Good. I guess." I shrugged. "Where's Paul? I was expecting him to be here." I looked around for Paul, my foster dad.

"He's at work and wasn't able to make it. But he'll be home by dinner." Ellen said taking my bags and handing them to Nathan.

"So are you excited to be back?" Nathan asked.

I nodded. "Why wouldn't I? It feels great to be back after two years." We walked out of the airport and towards the car.

***

"Paul! I'm so glad to see you!" I ran up to Paul's arms.

"Long time no see, Lina. How was Germany?" He asked after letting me go.

"It was fun. It could have been better though." I giggled.

"So what's for dinner? I'm starving!" Nathan called out.

"When aren't you starving?" I pointed out to Nathan. He laughed at my remark.

"Oh, mom! Remember that Devin is coming over tonight." I looked at Nathan dumbfounded. "What?" He asked a bit confused.

"Devin Williams?"

He nodded.

"Can't you find other friends. Some that aren't as annoying and stupid as Devin?"

He shook his head and gave me a sour look.

"Great. My welcome home dinner is no longer welcoming. Thanks Nathan!" I said sarcastically.

"No problem baby cheecks!" I gave him a glare.

"Don't call me that!"

He let out a laugh.

***

I was setting up the table for dinner when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" I yelled across the house, attempting to beat Nathan to the door.

"I don't think so." Nathan pushed me out of the way. "For a person who really hates Devin, you were really excited to open the door for him." He said looking through the peephole.

I glared at him. "Haha. Very funny." I said sarcastically.

Nathan opened the door and welcomed Devin in.

"Hey man!" Devin said to Nathan, giving him a 'bro hug'.

I rolled my eyes. I stood behind the bar in the kitchen, helping Ellen serving dinner.

"Lina? You're back?" Devin approached me. "Why didn't you say anything Nathan? I would've bought the pretty girl some flowers." He wrapped his arms around me. I gaged as soon as he touched me.

"Get off of me!" I pushed him away and he and Nathan busted out laughing. "I don't find this funny. In fact, I find it unappealing and disgusting."

"It's nice seeing you too, Lina." Devin smirked.

"It's nice seeing you too, Lina." I mocked him in a childish voice. "Now if you excuse me. I need to go finish helping Ellen serve you two assholes and the rest of the family." I walked off, swaying my hips, teasing both of the boys.

"Nathan come help me with my bags?" Devin demanded Nathan.

"What do you mean 'help you with your bags?'" I asked in confusion.

"Oh! Didn't I tell you? Devin has to live with us for like three months while his parents renew their house."

My jaw dropped to the floor. This was going to be the worst three months of my life.

***

Hello everyone! I have some great ideas for this new book. I have a feeling it's going to be better than any of my other books. I can't wait for you guys to see what else I have for this book. I have a cast for this book in mind.

Indiana Evans as Lina (Catalina) Price
Brenton Thwaites as Nathan Parker
Zac Efron as Devin Williams

So tell me. What did you think about the first chapter? What did you think about Lina's arrival? What about the fact that Devin is moving in with with the family?

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of the book.

Love you ♡

Jaqui xoxo